Sunday, March 01, 2009

Prayers for Gracie...

It seems unreal that it's back to the same feelings felt in March and April of last year, only this time, it's magnified. The doctors seem to be out of options to help Gracie recover from her bad transplant and her time on the ECMO/Life support machine is numbered. Gracie's family has some very tough decisions and a hard road ahead. 

As I cannot do a true fast (going without food for 24 hours, as a sacrifice and remembrance to God in behalf of asking for blessings), I thought I could at least keep her in my prayers all day long. My husband is taking it for the team though and fasting today, which I know will bring blessings to the Gledhills as well as to our family. 

I must say, I still have hope for Gracie's recovery. I know it is so slim, but I also feel like if the Lord wants her to stay on the Earth, he will find a way to help her left ventricle pump, or another heart will come along, or SOMETHING. If not, I know that what the Lord giveth he can take away, and if he needs her to come back home at this time, he will carry her home. I'm glad the Gledhills know what will happen to her when she dies, that they will have the peace to know that they will be able to continue to raise her in heaven, once they pass through the veil. I'm sure they feel blessed to have been able to know her for the 11 months she's been here on the Earth, but that makes the sting that much deeper. I ask any of you who read this to take a moment to pray for the Gledhill family, however simple or elaborate your prayers may be. 

We love you, Gracie! 

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

thank you so much for thinking of us. Today, I said goodbye to her and it was an extremely difficult day as you can imagine. Love you!
Tiff

likeschocolate said...

Jess, just like you I never had the opportunity to meet Gracie. My heart was broken this morning as I read her blog, and that her family would be saying goodbye. I am grateful they have the gospel, and have the loving arms of so many to wrap around them. Yesterday as I was fasting peace came over me that Gracie would soon feel peace and no longer suffer. I was also grateful that by having a heart baby it has given me the opportunity to meet many families even if some are through blogs, but also to share my testimony. Hope all is going well for you and the little bambino inside. Kelleyn

Erin said...

Jess,

I've been following this blog since you first posted about Gracie several months ago. I was balling as I read her Daddy's sweet post about her this morning.
So sad:(

Erin said...

Jess,

I've been following this blog since you first posted about Gracie several months ago. I was balling as I read her Daddy's sweet post about her this morning.
So sad:(

lyn said...

i began following the blog since you first posted about little gracie. i don't think i have shed more tears or prayed more prayers for a "perfect" stranger ever before. my heart aches for this family, yet rejoices in the gospel truth. how truly bless we all are to know this is but a temporary seperation.