I love living here, don't get my wrong. But lately I've noticed my house is becoming filled with STUFF. It's picture frames that I will hang one of these days, after I get some pictures printed and a nail in the wall or souvenirs or pants I need to sew, projects in progress, things put random places to keep them from Kelsey, things to give people, etc. Sometimes I get frustrated and think 'If only we were in our dream house and I had a whole room for this crap!' Also, things wouldn't look so messy so fast because there is a bigger area to cover. I also wish I had a yard to send Kelsey out to play and make a mess in.
But when I do have a bigger house one day, I know I'll look back and think, 'oh the simple days.' The days when getting out the vacuum cleaner meant walking a total of 7 steps there and back. The days when I could hear what Kelsey was up to in any room. The days when I had a huge laundry room to hang things to dry (even though it is shared and in the cellar, it's nice to have). The days when I don't have to run up and down the stairs all day and clean an entire 2-3,000sq. ft. home, the days when even though the house is a complete disaster I can get it looking good in a single day. The days when I have this beautiful lake outside to make me feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world.
No comments:
Post a Comment