Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Winter Days of February

First off, I reached my 200 blog post mark. Woo-hoo.

This February, I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen the sun. It's been cold, snowy, and cloudy most every day. In fact, many days we woke up to this:

Here are some of the things indoors and outdoors that have been keeping us busy so we don't go crazy.

Indoor Crafts/Activities
After my friend Jessi posted this bird feeder activity on her blog, I thought I could do something easy and fun like that with Kelsey. So we threaded Cheerios on some think string (proving to be a bit challenging for Kels) and hung it up outside for the birds. Unfortunately, the birds have yet to bite.





Helping "Mami" in the Kitchen



Opps.

My once-thriving basil plant. It has since died and I'm on to a new one. I'm blaming it on the lack of sun.

Goofing Around
Kelsey thinks it's so funny if you puff your cheeks full of air and she hits them and the air coming out goes, "pop." This is her trying to do it to herself, or maybe just make a funny face. 
Tickles from Daddy - She LOVES being tickled and her laugh is so cute and contagious




Playing Mommy
There are so many "babies" to take care of in this house now ;).

Getting all dolled up
Kelsey is such a little girl. She loves putting on necklaces, bracelets, bows, chapstick "lipstick," nail polish, dresses, etc. It totally makes me laugh. I painted her toenails for the first time in awhile and every time she looks down and sees them, she laughs. Still. And I did it a week ago.


Oh, I love those curls!

Little Pigtails

Wearing Daddy's hat
She thinks she looks so cool when she wears his hat. This is exactly how she puts it on - backwards - and goes around the house showing me (waiting for approval) and then showing daddy (waits for him to admire). 

Wearing Mommy's shoes
I've been wearing these almost all winter long inside and sometimes outside the house. When she finds them off of me, she immediately puts them back on my feet, and sometimes puts them on herself. 


Or NOT dressing up

Running around in our PJs
These are from Grammie Nanoo.




Going on Photoshoots
If I'm doing kid shots, I ask my clients if it's okay to bring my daughter along. They've always said yes and Kelsey just hangs out and watches me, plays with their toys, and is pretty good about keeping out of my shot and staying happy for the hour+ that I'm there. 

After a photoshoot one day, Kels and I played in the snow outside their house. There was a cat and Kelsey loves eating the snow...I don't know what I was thinking. She wasn't wearing snow clothes so her poor butt was soaking wet after this! She didn't complain.



Building a Snowman
Kelsey's friends Anna & Mariah have a yard to play in next to their house. We went over there one day and built a meager snowman and Kelsey got to slide down their "hill." Mostly Kelsey just ate the snow.





Playing in the Snow
Making snow angels...it's all fun and games until you accidentally throw snow in your own face

I don't want to go down again - I'm too cold! By this point her mittens had fallen off and I think her hands started to get the burning/freezing feeling. She was NOT happy!

Eating Snow
No matter where we are or where we're going, if there is snow, you can bet it will end up in her mouth. Clean or dirty.
Car Rides
We didn't do much walking this month and spent more time in the car than usual. Here's Kels giving her bunny a snuggle. She doesn't have a favorite stuffed animal but sometimes she'll pick a favorite for the day.

The Usual
Drinking
Eating

Eating on the floor in her cute new shirt our neighbors gave us from South Africa. It says, "Soul Sista."

Laughing

Talking to grandpa on Skype
Since he wakes up at 5am, we get to talk to him about once or twice a week around 2pm our time. Kelsey likes to feed him whatever she is eating (she's usually just woken up from a nap and is having a snack).

A day at Starbies with the girls





Appointments with the Doctor

The snow is also very beautiful, but since I can't ski right now, I'm ready for the snow to be GONE and the sun to stick around!

8 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Sorry for all the snowy days. I guess the blessing is that it keeps you at home some and you get to capture so many great moments with Kelsey.

AshleyS said...

you know, it's unfortunate how few pictures you have of kelsey! haha

how are you feeling these days? besides being cooped up from the weather. i don't have a baby counter on my blog so it's fun to look at yours and see exactly how many days we have left!

jessi said...

March isn't looking too much more promising than February - at least here in Geneva. Still cold and rainy most days it seems. I still just love how Kelsey clutches her baby doll. What a sweet little mommy!

Unknown said...

Kelsey is growing up so fast. I'm sad I haven't seen her for so long. I feel like I'm missing out! She is so beautiful and I love her curls. I hope you get some warm weather there soon. When's your next doc appointment? I'm so curious to know what you're having. I'm guessing a girl.

Mikaela said...

What I would give for Shad to have a naked belly like that!! We seriously need to talk, I need all the breastfeeding info those swiss gurus taught you. Aside from I just need a little upbeat Jessie. Hope you are doing well despite the snow, I hear you there! Hope you are doing well, can't believe how long it has been since we've talked. If only I could grow a third arm to call while I am feeding Shadrach. Anyway, hopefully we can catch each other soon. I MISS YOU!!!!!

Mary said...

She is so so so cute! I can't believe how cute she is! I hope you are feeling well :)

April said...

Love the pix. Hope the snow goes soon! I know how you feel. Sunny days are my favorite. Any pix of YOU to come? ;)

The House that James Built said...

you are an amazing photographer! she is absolutley beautiful!!!!!