Saturday, February 27, 2010

Arriving in California

Jetlag is a BUMMER


It was worse than usual coming this way. I didn't have Tally's help so if one kid woke up, so would the other because they both wanted to sleep with mom. So we woke up at 2:30, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30 etc. Kelsey was stuck waking up at 3:30am for several nights and I'm SO glad that is finally over! Almost two weeks later I finally feel caught up. Here are some of the things we've been up to since arriving in California, while missing DADDY.

Napped on the couch (all of us have fallen asleep on the couch at some point this week)

My mom took some time off work and we were able to spend some quality time with her this week. We had several sunny days and it was nice to get out and hike, go to the park, and drive with the windows down.


Played with cousins
Two moms, 4 kids, 6+ hours of shopping
Are we crazy? Yes. Was it fun? Surprisingly, YES!


Bought new clothes. Anyone been to the girls section of Target lately? HELLO. SO cute. Being back in the land of plenty is dangerous.
Playdate with my best friend from high school, Chelsea, and her two girls. Turns out the girls wanted to 'clean the house.' Umm...OK! It was SO great to be able to catch up with Chels - we talked as if no time had passed even though our lives have changed drastically since high school!

Grandpa pulled a 'Jessie in college' move and put dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher instead of detergent (he's been a bit stressed lately taking care of grandma - she just had major back surgery). Kelsey had fun playing with the BUBBLES and CLEANING it up.
I set Aiden down in this plastic tub for a second while I did something (I didn't want him to fall over backwards on the tile). It didn't take Kelsey long to turn it into a car for Aiden. He was terrified and thrilled all at the same time.

Bowling with Mimi


Enjoying snacks in an American style high chair


For all you Tally fans out there, I just heard his VOICE and had an actual conversation with him for the first time in two weeks. It was wonderful. He is safe, exhausted, and flying back to Zurich tomorrow. I know my posts have been completely random but I wanted Tal to be able to see some recent pics of the kids. I have SO many, TOO many blog drafts right now and with BOTH parents working every day this week, I doubt I'll get ahead of it. I'm just happy to be here in mostly SUNNY California. 

4 comments:

likeschocolate said...

It doesn't look like you have a lack of things to do. Love all the photos; especially the college of Kelsey. Have a great week in sunny California! Send some of it my way. I think Georgia has turned into Switzerland because I am freezing here.

Kali said...

These pictures are adorable! Sometimes I can't get over how stinkin' cute your babes are:)

April said...

Ha! College memories. Ashley is still upset that she had to clean up that mess. (j/k) Congrats on the potty training too! That's fabulous. We'll be glad to see you in Salt Lake!

CJ said...

Welcome back to the states!! Will you be living in California? Love the pics, Aiden is getting so big and I think he is definitely a LANG baby! Looks so much like his mama!