Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Fun Day with Jessi & the kids

My friend Jessi drove out with her two kids (and she's pregnant) to say goodbye and spend some time together! The kids had a great time playing together but the highlight for me was the girls night out! Thanks Jessi, it meant a lot to me and it was so fun.

The kids had fun taking pictures with mom's camera. Here's a sample of pictures that Kelsey took. It really kept them busy and allowed a good amount of talking time for me & Jessi.

Then we headed down to the Baar pool - boy did we have our hands full! Kelsey and Abram are at a good age for water feature pool, which is where we spent most of the time. Then we ventured out to the bigger kids pool for some real swimming. After an hour and a half, the kids were tired and ready for a nap!
Or cookie decorating. Jessi brought sugar cookies and frosting and we decorated cookies for our friends, after eating some ourselves of course. They were SO yummy.



When Tally got home, we put the kids to bed and left to have ladies night at Cafe Felix in Zurich (I highly recommend it). It was so great to have uplifting conversation about all the wonderful things in our lives. We kept having to stop ourselves from talking too much about our kids.


Jessi and I went up to the gorgeous display of pastries and picked out 4 dishes for 3 of us. Jennifer hadn't had dinner yet so she got a delicious omelet (of course I had to taste it) and we each got a hot chocolate because that's what the place is known for. We stuffed ourselves full. 

I think we finished off even more than this

The next morning, Jessi and the kids headed back to Geneva while Kels, Aiden & I headed off to our appointments for the day. I wished it could have lasted longer, but real life must go on. 
Doesn't this look a bit like a prom picture pose?


CHEESY & CUTE!

5 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Oh yummy! So glad you had a chance to visit! When are you heading back in this direction???

Mikaela said...

So glad you got to get out with the girls, I know you are having a hard time with the move so I am really glad you got that chance. Also glad you got to stuff yourselves on delicious food! You look great by the way . . .and you know I am not nice enough to lie so it has to be true. So glad to hear the appointments went okay and can't wait to see you soon!! Lots of love!

Mikaela said...

think I say so glad too much? hahaha.

jessi said...

Great post of our visit to you guys. You guys are definitely like family leaving us. Thanks so much for having us!!!

Unknown said...

SO fun! It's hard to say good bye, I know. It's the hardest part about moving. But think about the life long friends you've made and all the new ones you'll be making soon. Thank goodness for blogs that help us all feel a little closer. Like Mikaela, I'm so GLAD Tally's appointment went well. We love you guys!