Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Honey!

Los Angeles, California - July 25, 2003

It's been SIX amazing, adventurous years together. Who would have thought we'd be living in Switzerland with two precious children at this point? And still love each other? The fact is, all our experiences up to this point have brought us closer together. We practically know each other better than we know ourselves. Well, at least with most things.

This year our birthdays and anniversary were overshadowed by a new birth, the best present we could give eachother/ourselves/our family. You can overshadow me every year, Aiden. You're worth it.

Tal will be posting more about his birthday when our friend Rob sends pictures of their trip.

For my birthday, Tal took me out to dinner at a really nice restaurant in Zurich. We were going to see a movie, but I was too tired! Yummy food and a nice "work out" walking in high heels. Still didn't help induce labor.

For our anniversary, my mom insisted that we go out and she could babysit for us. But since we just went out on a nice date night and had a new nursing baby, we decided to all go out together. We took my mom to Rapperswil and we had VERY yummy pasta. The chef actually hold several world records for the making the most different kinds of sauces in the fastest time. Fun little fact.

Most likely, we'll celebrate our anniversary when we're in the states and go to Flemmings (we always say it's our anniversary when we go now, since we're never in the states for it). What I wouldn't do for a lava cake right now!

Tal, I just want you to know how grateful I am for you. You are an amazing man, husband and father. I love how you always jump in and help me when you get home: making dinner, playing with Kelsey, changing a diaper, vacuuming before Stefan gets home (our downstairs neighbor) - whatever it is. I love how you care about your body and have taken up doing triathlons. It inspires me. I love watching you interact with Kelsey. When you make her laugh, make up a song and sing it to her, melt when she asks you for something, and laugh when she does something random. I can't wait to see yours and Aiden's relationship develop and grow - I know you two will be great pals. I love that you make family prayer a habit, and show Kelsey how important it is to you. I love that you take care of me, and lighten my load so I can rest or do something for myself. I love how you take care of us all. I know you work so hard to provide and save for our family and our future. I love how you make me a better person and inspire me to reach new heights. I love you, Talmadge Layton.


I love that look he's giving me, it still makes my heart flutter. This is us grabbing a bite in the kitchen before our reception.

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Happy Anniversary from Georgia!

mary said...

Hey, I am in that last picture! What a fun memory. You sure were a beautiful bride, jess... Happy anniversary!

Mikaela said...

Jess, you can't post sappy things like that when you know I am going to read it. Seeing as I don't have TV just thinking about Hallmark commercials makes me cry these days. Having a baby fortunately did not affect my urinary tract but I have spontaneous, annoying and embarrassing leakage from my eyes about EVERYTHING!!! Happy Anniversary you guys, you are amazing! Tal, I am glad you take care of that "perfect physical specimen as well, haha JK