Saturday, July 04, 2009

4th of July in Switzerland

For Independence Day, our friends Anthony & Ashley Shontz had some families over for the 4th of July. And thanks to Alyssa, we had some red, white & blue to celebrate with. I forgot to get a pic of the USA we put on our car and Rachel's yummy cupcakes.

Despite stepping on a bee (still hurts!), the evening was so fun and filled with laughs. We even sang Yankee Doodle after a failed attempt at America the Beautiful.


The pregos once again wanted smores (recall the post about the Tomlinson's farewell party), and were caught roasting long after everyone else was through. Kelsey loved playing in the neighbors' playhouse and played by herself over there for a good 20 minutes or so! Guess we'll have to get her one at some point.



Our patriotic family photo - look at that BELLY!

The boys grillin' the meats















The yummy sides - I love the Polish pottery!
We walked up to the campfire/park - Kelsey loved catching a ride with Emily in the stroller
Not a bad place to spend the 4th, huh? Too bad we didn't have an American flag to put up next to the Swiss one ;).













































Kelsey ate at least 5 marshmallows, 4 of them uncooked























Hanging out around the campfire. This is one of my favorite things to do. I didn't like being attacked by locusts though! They were HUGE!
















The bows that Alyssa brought for the girls















The kids with sparklers. Kelsey was too afraid of them, which was okay with me.


We still love you, AMERICA!

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

How fun! I love Kelseys dress! I am saying a prayer that your baby will come soon and that everything will go well.

Mary Staples said...

I'm happy to see the 4th of July is still a fun event abroad. Since you have posted I'm assuming no baby yet? Come on little guy!