Baby Aiden finally arrived SIX days late at 6:45am on Saturday, July 18 weighing in at 9 pounds (4050 grams) and measuring 20 inches long (51 cm, same as Kelsey). He is the chubbiest baby on the floor weighing 1 kilo more than each of the 4 girls he's surrounded by. He looks just like a Price baby, and I think he looks like Tally's oldest brother, Taft! He's got dimples in his cheeks and a small cleft in his chin. These are just the first pictures...rest assured more are on the way. It was nice to have my mom there for many reasons, one of them being to take pictures!
Tal was so happy to hold his little boy after 9+ long months. He wasn't set on the middle name until my mom and I were talking to Aiden and saying Aiden Talmadge Price. Suddenly it felt right, and Tal filled out the name card. 
Since I was 5 days overdue and my mom was already in town, I decided to be induced. This scared me a bit, but I felt good about the choice. My doctor had me go in at 10pm on Friday night to be induced (interesting time, but who am I to judge). By the time they gave me the medicine (not pictocin, don't know what it's called in English), it was 12am on Saturday. I sent Tally home to rest and my mom and I slept. At about 2am, I woke up to pee and started having regular contractions. I couldn't sleep, and so I walked around and had a great time talking to my midwife or Hebamme, Anita. She didn't have any other patients and was helping out with the newborns (I got to hold little 2 and 3 kilo baby girls for a bit). My mom woke up and joined in the fun - we read our books and listened to Nora Jones. All was good, until things turned serious. My contractions started getting very strong and very close together. My mom rubbed my back and at about 5:30am, I called Tally and told him it was time to come over. I was only dilated to a 3 by now and felt it might be too early, but I wanted him there to help me through. I asked Anita to fill up the tub. I thought, 'if this doesn't help, I'm going to get an epidural. I couldn't imagine surviving these contractions for as long as it would take to get to a 10. The bath was very soothing, but of course, it doesn't take away the contractions. I knew from last time I had to relax and not fight the contractions to allow dilation. Tal was there by now and I could hear my mom and the nurse say they thought the baby wouldn't come until the next shift (7am). Around 6:15, I felt a hint of that familiar "I have to push" feeling. I told my mom to go get the nurse. She checked me and I was at a 10 already. The midwife said "don't push, give me 10 minutes to call the doctor, another midwife and get everything prepared!" Poor thing just ended her apprenticeship in April and was all alone on the night shift. With each contraction, I tried to breathe and not push (easier said than done). However, at 6:47, without a doctor, Aiden made his way into the water and into the world in one big push. He was blue and not breathing for a bit, but I was able to hold him, still attached to me, and help stimulate his breathing. He finally coughed and screamed and slowly gained his pinkish color. Tally cut the umbilical cord (and later my mom at the part that was closer to the baby) and we rejoiced that all was well. Then the doctor walked in...about 5 minutes too late. I feel so blessed that the baby is healthy, the labor went quickly, and my family was there to support me. I don't know how I got so lucky (ps I didn't tear!?!). I couldn't ask for more and find myself thanking God for each of these beautiful blessings. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts and support!

They don't wipe all the slime off of them here, but feel it's better to leave the natural "lotion" on the baby which is why he looks so white, like a little doll or something.
Kelsey is coming in a few minutes to see the baby for the first time. I will try to upload pictures and video of that as soon as I can. She'll be so excited to see him - and I'm excited to see her reaction!
You can check out his picture on the hospital website under baby gallerie
28 comments:
Contratulations once again. I can't believe how fast your went. You are made to have babies. Hugs from Georgia and Roman too!
Congrats! WE love you and hope everything continues to go well. We can't wait to hold the little big guy!
Wow! Congrats! I am so glad that things went so well. He's a big guy! You look GREAT, Jess.
I am so happy the baby is finally here. I can tell you that I love him already. I am so happy for all of you. Love you tonz!!
Brent/mom
Wow, you are one tough chica!!! Maybe I'll try the whole bath thing...if there is ever another time! :) He is so cute, just like Kesley! CONGRATS!!! I'm glad he's here safe. Give him squishes from us and tell your parents hi!
Oh, and you look great just after birth...a natural birth at that! :)
I thank our Heavenly Father for the beautiful gift that he has sent to you and we will all enjoy that blessing. You look great, Tally looks proud and your Mom is really cute too. I miss you all, but you have your Mom there and it appears she was put to good use behind the camera, during the birth and for good back rubs.
I love you
Congrats on the little man finally coming to joing the party! I probably would have been terrified not having the doc there, but you are obviously a champ! congrats again!!!
Way to go Jess! Congratulations! He is beautiful! We love you and can't wait to meet him!
Love,
Britt
P.S. Can't wait to hear all about the awesome birth ;)
Congratulations! Good work on doing it natural -- would you do it again?! That is so super. What a beautiful, big boy! I love his name. So excited he is here, and I can't wait to see more of him!!!
Hooray! Colton's BFF is here! Jess, I am so happy for you that everything went so quickly and you didn't tear! I can't wait to see more pictures. BTW--you are a stud for doing that without pain meds.
Congratualtions! So happy he is here.
Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
Seriously, you are awesome. I think you are so so so lucky to have everything go so quickly and so smoothly. And how special that it was just the three (then four) of you in the room when it happened. It's almost like a home birth - but without the cleanup. I love it!
I'm so excited to see you guys in a few months and to get to hold Aiden. He's adorable.
Jessica, Tally & Kelsey,
We are very excited for you. I love the name, very powerful. Love to you all Grandma & Grandpa
Congratulations again! Thank you for sharing the whole story... You are so brave! Let me know when you ready for me to come by. I'm glad your mom is there. Talk soon.
What a great birth story! So glad that he induced you. . . what a big boy! Can't wait to meet Aidan in person! luvs, jessi, jacob, abram and chloƩ
Jess and Tal, Welcome to being a family of four with the arrival of Aiden. Kyle and I laughed when we read your story about how Aiden came into the world - with a water birth and no doctor. Our Aidan did the very same thing - water birth and no doctor) By the way -Great NAME!!!
Kelsey - have the best time being a BIG sister!!!
Congratulations! He is beautiful. We are so happy for you.
Congrats, Jess and Tal! He is beautiful!
Way to go lady! It sounds like you did the birth ALL natural, with a 9 pounder. WOW! You'll have to tell me what you thought about birthing in the tub. I am so glad Aiden is here for you all to enjoy. Much love from all of us!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you guys. I cannot believe how brave and strong you are Jess. You are my hero. We can't wait to see baby Aiden in person... only a few more months. Love you guys!
Gratuliere Jess & Tally!
Congrats! You did awesome! One day I'll have to chat about the water birth with you and which you prefer. Now you are officially a Momma of two! I'm glad your mom was there!
Congrats Jess and Tally! You are my new idol forever! I miss you tons and can't wait to meet your next little angel. PS Eli hasn't been biting at all. I think Kels is really his Bella.
Congratulations! We are so excited for you. I'm glad things went so well. Your water birth sounds wonderful. I had Ashton naturally and wanted to get into the tub but was told no by the nurses bc my water had broken. I hope you are all well. We want to help out!
Yay! What a beautiful boy. I can't wait to meet him in person.
You have a baby boy! He is so beautiful, congratulations. Your birth story is pretty amazing. What a woman you are! ;)
Post a Comment