Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Pioneer Day

It wasn't until after my mom put Kelsey in her 4th of July outfit and I checked the date to make sure it wasn't the 25th (our anniversary), that I realized it was Pioneer day in Utah. It commemorates the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847. This is a fun day for Utahns and I'm a bit sad we wont be taking part in the festivities. I put Aiden in his red, white & blue (thanks Kelleyn) and we took a few pictures. Not that RWB are the colors of pioneer day, but it was the best we could do :).
Kelsey loves holding and cuddling with her baby brother. I'm not so sure he feels the same way.

I have more of Aiden and the hospital on the way, but here are two from today (unedited). I forgot how time consuming it is to breastfeed! Especially when you're using the pump for some of it. My mom has been on the computer more than me this week - my world is turning upside down! I am loving my cuddly baby boy. Can you see his right dimple? His left one is more pronounced. His bracelet is the hospital bracelet which says "Price."
He slept for 3 hours in a row tonight, too bad it was from 7-10pm and not 2-5am or something.


I just have to add something I don't want to forget. Tonight, right after publishing this post, little man woke back up. I fed him and then burped him. He fell asleep on my shoulder and I kissed his little nose. He gave me this cheek to cheek smile, dimples and all. I laughed and almost cried at what a sweet moment I was given. I kissed his nose a couple more times and it evoked the same reaction. I tried to get the camera, but I couldn't get the shot from my vantage point. Guess we'll have to try to recapture the moment later. I love you baby boy!


More to come, but tomorrow we're taking my mom somewhere fun.

10 comments:

mary said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby you have. Love that dark hair that curls over his forehead. Kiss him more and more and more... and one for me.

Kristin Thomason Forshee said...

congrats again, jess! he just keeps getting cuter.

Unknown said...

That is so cute Jess! What a sweet little boy. He loves his mommy so much.

Mandy said...

So cute! congrats on the new baby, he is so precious.

grandma lang said...

So happy to see more pictures, especially with brother and sister, what a great experience you are in for. love to you all. grandma and grandpa

Balagna Bunch said...

How sweet! I am excited to see pictures and want more PLEASE!!! Hope you all had a great anniversary and are enjoy time with Grandma! I think Aidan and Spence have the same brown and blue striped blanket. WE LOVE YOU ALL!

likeschocolate said...

He looks so cute in his little outfit! I am glad you like it.

María Pérez Sánchez said...

felicidades jessi!por tu nuevo bebe,es precioso!espero que sea muy bueno y puedas dormir un poco......lol. te deseo lo mejor en esta nueva etapa de tu vida.....SUPERMAMI!!!!
KISSES FROM UTRERA

Mary said...

Congratulations!!! He is gorgeous. Don't you love baby boys..they are the best! So happy for you guys.

Elisa said...

Congratulations! What a cute baby boy! I hope to meet him someday.