I know it's been awhile since my last post, breastfeeding takes a lot more time than I remember. Plus, I've been napping when Kels does and spending time with Kels when Aiden is asleep. Oh the juggling act begins! Slowly but surely, I'll post all the pics I've got. Even Greece.

Leaving to go to the hospital on Friday, July 17th at 10pm
The Birth
I have lots more pictures of the actual birth (never knew my mom was such a shutterbug - like mother like daughter) but none that I'm sharing on the blog

Tal holding Aiden for the first time, moments after his birth

Aiden with mom & dad, moments after his water birth
Dr. Behrens (who was five minutes too late), Tal, Aiden, & Anita (the awesome midwife who delivered him)
Anita, the midwife who delivered Aiden - without the doctor there!
The other midwife who helped deliver him. This was the first birth she had witnessed and was so excited to be a part of it. When Anita, the midwife who delivered Aiden, knew the doctor wouldn't make it in time, she had to call on another midwife to come help/be a witness.
The handsome pediatrician that also saw Kelsey after she was born. He's weighing Aiden, who was 4.030 kilos, or 9lbs.
Grandma dressing her new grandson. Notice his footprint on her arm.

One of the first of millions of kisses to come

What just happened and where the heck am I?

My cute baby boy, in my arms after more than 9 months of waiting

My biggest supports. We were all relieved, so happy he's finally here and all went great
Kelsey meets Aiden

Love at first sight

First kiss

Family photo on my hospital bed

I love the way Kelsey is looking over at me. She's been putting her hands in her mouth ALL THE TIME and we're trying to break her of that habit. Aiden just looks like he's putting up with her.

So curious about every bit of him

Mother of TWO!? Love that Aiden is yawning. Kelsey wore him out!
Photo Ops of Aiden

He's already a binky baby

Sweet dreams, little one

His headboard stats

praying?
Can you see the little wound in his hand? Here it has healed a bit, but looked pretty bad when he was first born. It's from sucking his hand so hard in the womb! He also had a lot of dry skin/peeling on his hands and feet. The midwives said they think he was more than 5 days overdue - more like 14 days. yawn
Aiden sucking his thumb. I always feel bad for my babies who act like they are starving for the two or three days before my milk comes in. 
Gotta love the outfits they put them in in the hospital

So you're that other voice I heard all the time...hi dad
Visitors
The Wunderbar Todd family. They were so great to watch Kelsey while we went to the hospital. She loves them so much.
Kelsey's best friend "Emma-dee" and her new brothers, Dominic & Liam. My BRAVE friend Jennifer took the train with all three in tow to come visit us at the hospital. It seemed there was at least one kid crying the entire time. We marveled at how our TWO suddenly became FIVE.
Daddy with his little babe and baby - not that he's a visitor, but just to note that he came by on his way to work, on his lunch break, and on his way home. He has 2 weeks paternity but it must be consecutive and so we're using that to go home for Christmas.

Anita came into my room one night (with another baby "attached" to her) and we chatted for at least an hour about everything from relationships to religion. I didn't get much sleep but we sure had fun talking! Plus, it's not like I was going to get much anyways.
We also had three of our friends/Tal's co-workers come by and hold him and I forgot to get pictures! They picked out the cutest outfits and got me a nursing boppy. Thanks you guys!
Hospital Perks
Our family walk around the hospital grounds

Our newest addition is so fun to watch

A bit uneasy with Kelsey running around and poking/touching/hugging/holding him

A sweet kiss, but he's not so sure what to make of it

Grandma or "Mimi" has her hands full with two grandbabies!

Koo-koos! Peek-a-Boo!

A tantrum thrown when it was time to go back inside

Look mom! I love how excited she gets about even the little things
Dinner for Two

Our date night at the hospital. They gave us a complimentary dinner and free babysitting (of Aiden, my mom took Kels). With Kels we ate it up in my room but this time, we decided to "go out" (to the hospital restaurant downstairs). We tried "tar-tar" for the first time.
Good Eatin'
The top right is my favorite thing and I ordered it every day for breakfast: Birchermuesli. It's a Swiss yogurt with cereal and fruit. Hard to explain, best just to try it.
Going down in history

These charts hang in the Labor & Delivery room and show the cycles of the moon on the days of the year. For every baby that is born, they put a pink or blue tack on the day on this calendar. Here is Aiden next to his and Kelsey next to hers. We're responsible for a pink and a blue tack on the wall ;). Isn't that a cool idea?




Amazing Staff

I'm drawing a blank on her name, but she was a hebamme or midwife that was doing a rotation on the wochenbett or after labor care side. She helped me a lot and went the extra mile for me. Or shall I say Kilometer ;). In this hospital, I never had a bad nurse, or even an unfriendly one. Every nurse, especially the midwives, were exceptional. That's why I chose it - never met a midwife I didn't like. Everytime I met one I thought, "I hope she's working when I deliver."
Going Home










4 comments:
You are quite a picture taker...and how awesome to eat all that yummy food in the hospital. I left the hospital the minute Katie was 24 hrs old because a). the food was horrible, and b). they don't have a nursery so I never got a break anyway so I might as well rest in my own home. It would be so nice to do it the way you did! :) He is adorable!
I love how you captured your hospital stay with photos. Takes me back to Chloé's birth. Yet again, another handsome Swiss pediatrician. . . (sigh). Aiden is so cute, along with his sweet big sister. I know that when Abram met his little sister for the first time, I thought. . . "what a big grown up boy he seems to be now." Talmadge seems so exctied with the baby boy in his arms.
Great pictures, Thanks so much for taking the time to share all of this with us. we can hardly wait to meet the new little person in your family. Kelsey is so cute with him. we love you all grandma and grandpa
I think it is so cute that Kelsey just knew that she needed to sit down to hold the baby. Such a sweet baby. Congratulations once again.
Post a Comment