Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bubbles

For two days now, Kelsey has been telling me, "bubbles." It's very clear, but I had no idea what she was talking about. She dumped out her can of bubbles a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten around to getting another one.


Tonight I found out what she meant - BATH bubbles. Tally was home when she said bubbles and he immediately knew what she was talking about. I guess he started filling her bath with bubbles a few nights ago and now she knows how to ask for it!




She's learned the "I want..." part of the sentence and tells us what she wants. For example, "I want my towel...no PINK towel." "I want milk." "I want my binty (she can't say her 'k' sound, so she subsitutes with a "t." Or my favorite now, "I want to walk." It doesn't usually means she wants to walk, it means she wants to go for a walk. It's amazing how fast she is picking things up. Tonight at dinner, she sits down and clear as a bell, says, "RICE." By the time most of you see her again, she'll be able to carry on a conversation.


She also picks up on what we do. I threw a piece of trash at sink from the couch. Not 10 minutes later, Kelsey picked up a cheerio off the floor and threw it towards the sink. Great.

When we went for a walk the other day, Kelsey was walking and Tal pushed her stroller really hard so it raced ahead of us. Kelsey laughed so Tal kept doing it. Today when we took her doll for a walk in the stroller, she kept pushing the stroller ahead of us or letting the stroller go down the driveway (we live on a busy street so we have to be careful of this one). Monkey see, monkey do.

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Way way to adorable! I think she is one of the prettiest little girls I have ever seen. You better invest in a baseball bat to fight off all the guys.