As I typed in the title of this post, I realized two things: 1. I'm not very creative in my Post Titles and 2. We spent last Easter in Germany. I guess Switzerland doesn't appeal to us during Easter :). Or that's when Tally has a few vacation days in a row so we head out to explore.
So back to this year...
We drove down to Italy over Easter weekend and stayed with Jessi's parents in Vicenza. Our first stop: Verona.
So back to this year...
We drove down to Italy over Easter weekend and stayed with Jessi's parents in Vicenza. Our first stop: Verona.
Verona, Italy
3. graffiti outside Juliet's house where lovers forever make their stupidity and irreverence for public property known (this doesn't get me like it does on famous churches or architecture - that really gets me). 9. Darling aprons
The amphitheatre or Arena built by the Romans in 30AD and is the 3rd largest in Italy
Love the Italian hills, trees, and villas
Love gelato. Kelsey had to have her own, of course
Verona is the city in which Shakespeare's famous "Romeo & Juliet" takes place.
"Two households, both alike in dignity
This is the balcony that some falsely claim as historically significant (it was a story based on imagination, not on history)
Below the balcony is Miss Juliet. It's said that if you touch her right breast, you will get lucky.
Playing in Verona
Kelsey loved playing with and hugging baby Chloe
Dear 'ol Dads carrying the kids around
Splash, splash! This dirty fountain in the Piazza delle Erbe was so much fun to play in.
Playing in the Rocks outside the Petty's house
Playing at the park in Piazzola sul Brenta

In the background of the bottom middle pic, you can see the beautiful backdrop of the palace
Isn't it a gorgeous town center!? This is only part of it. I took more pictures of it during our trip 2 years ago.
Yes, that's our child, way off in the distance running away from us. There was a dog out there so I had to run and grab her in case it was a mean dog. She's too trusting of dogs.
Gelato at Piazzola...mmm. Makes my mouth water just remembering. We got Kelsey banana because we thought that would be the least messy. It ended up being SO tasty! I'm usually one for mint or cookie ice cream but this was good enough I think I'd get it again.
Bathtime - triple the fun! The Bergs are watching Kelsey for us for 5 days at the end of May, so it was fun to see them get along so well together. Kelsey really liked having other kids around. Abram to run around with and Chloe to give all her kisses to!
Easter Morning
Look what the Easter Bunny brought!
Easter Sunday - Church in Italian
Everyone was so nice to us and even gave us gifts! They had made these tiny nests with a chick made out of pom-pom things...anyway, very cute and so sweet. We felt so welcome. Tally understood some bits and pieces since he speaks Spanish. They had a musical number in English, which was beautiful. What a neat experience.
Abram holding Kelsey's hand as they crossed the street and walked to the church.

Easter Outfits


Easter Egg Hunt
Abram holding Kelsey's hand as they crossed the street and walked to the church.
Easter Outfits
Easter Egg Hunt
This one makes me laugh every time!
But dad, I saw one over there
I hope this one's loaded...
Success! Listen to all that candy shake in there!
Mom, look! There's one in the tree! Help please....
Now where can I find more of these...?
YES! It's candy, not money!
I love this - Chloe just picked up Kelsey's shoe and started chowing down on it! Kelsey didn't even mind.
More candy!

I love Abram's face here!

Family Easter Photo























3 comments:
Love your post! Beautiful pictures. Really helps to capture what a great weekend we had together. I just looked at your baby count down. . . really??? just 10 more weeks???
I stumbled on you blog and your little girl is just precious. Your pictures are amazing as well. Can I ask what camera you use?
Mandy and I had the weirdest trip to Verona when we were there...We'll have to tell you about it sometime. We had fun grabbing Juliet's boob as well. I have fond memories of that little town. That Gelato looks fabulous!
Post a Comment