Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Kinderzoo

The weather warmed up enough for the Rapperswil zoo to open up! We met our friends there for an afternoon of fun and sun. I couldn't believe how hot it was, but I'm not complaining. It was great. Some of the local kids had jackets, jeans, and sneakers on and here I had Kelsey in a sundress!
Here are some of the girls and kids - but we're missing Emily and Eva (and kids) in this pic.


We went to the Sea Lion show, which Kelsey loved even last year when she was 10 months or something. This year, she sat on the row in front of me with her friends. At one point, she leaned over and put her arm around Ellie and gave her a little side hug. It was sweet and funny at the same time.

Look Mom!
It was hot, so I got an ice cream for me and Kelsey (mostly me). What I didn't realize was it would mostly go to Kelsey, who now requires her OWN ice cream cone. She likes to hold it herself. The cold ice cream still makes her cringe when it touches her teeth, but it doesn't detour her. I think her favorite part is the cone.
The pony ride was a little too scary for her though. She did it, but looked uncomfortable and was whining the whole time. I stayed right next to her, holding her, but it still made her nervous. I don't blame her though, her pony was the disobedient one in the back who kept trying to push the pony in front of him.

At the zoo, there is this huge playground with a water play area. Kelsey was drawn like a nat to the flame and was soaked within a few minutes. The older kids loved having a little victim to spray the water at! Kelsey and her friend Emeri had a blast together.
Too much water on her face!





Did I mention the water was FREEZING! I just let her dry off in the sun as we walked around and saw more animals. Her poor skin was so cold, but she couldn't be happier. It didn't take her long to dry off.






The pictures of the lemurs are for my sister, Julia. She gets so giddy when she sees them at the zoo and it makes me think she was a lemur in a former life... if I believed in that anyway.

Not a bad hangout for the lemurs, huh? They have a beautiful view of the Alps and some great trees to swing in. I love this zoo because it is small, not TOO much to see, and there are lots of ways for the kids to interact with the animals.

2 comments:

grandma lang said...

What wonderul experiences you are all having. great pictures. She just gets cuter every day. Thanks for keeping us updated. We love you all. Grandma Lang

likeschocolate said...

That was one zoo I wished we had gotten to see. I love how the zoo's in Switzerland have so much for the children to do.