Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Aubrey In Town (book 3 of series)

Aubrey and I on Mt. Pilatus

Aubrey was in town for three weeks and became more of a live-in cousin than a houseguest. When Tal & I got home from work last night we were like, "where's Aubrey?" knowing very well she left for the airport yesterday. We had some goodtimes while she was here. One of my favorites was when she asked, "what are those little things in your fridge, they're pretty good?" I looked and we realized she had eaten one of the baby food cartons left over from baby Jay's stay with us. Man did we tease her. She told us to try it and I did...not my cup of tea.

I got to take a half day off work so we decided to go up to Mt. Pilatus in Alpnachstad by cogwheel train and then down to Lucern by cable car. We had a beautiful view and a fun time talking to the local alphorn player & the tourists from California, Arizona, & Spain. But it wasn't long before the clouds rolled in. Luckily, the rain didn't start until we were on our way back down.









One night we went to this little town at the end of the lake called Rapperswil. We walked around and shared pizza at a little Italian place. It was fun but I think these two got a little carried away singing in the rain.







We were also able to witness a beautiful sunset over Lake Zurich. This is not the best shot of it b/c by the time we got a picture where I was somewhat okay with the way I looked, the sun was about set.








Our friend Aarika also came to town for a few of the days Aubrey was here. She was a blast and we enjoyed having her with us. Here's a pic of the four of us in front of our church.





Aubrey & I in Africa (I'm taking the picture). Yeah right, I wish.


Aubrey painted my toes! And not just any paint job...she french tipped them just the way I love them. THANKS AUB!

By the way, we found the bull. Tally was afraid of him getting too wet so we had to take him out of the shower. He's back on the clock where he belongs.

2 comments:

Aubrey Hansen said...

YEAH! I finally made the infamous blog! Is being a live-in cousin better then a houseguest? I think so! Can't wait to see you again!

ryan said...

Wow. Amazing pictures, Jessie. Sounds like there is so much to do and see. We'll have to save up our pennies.