Cinque Terre is a beautiful national park in the north western part of Italy. I heard about this not so hidden gem a couple months ago, and I decided it would be a great place to visit while Aubrey was in town. Although I started planning the trip a month in advance, we (Josh, Aubrey, and I) found ourselves scrambling to get everything in order the day before we left. First of all, we couldn't find a place to stay because CT has a limited number of hotels and everything was booked solid (not a problem, we'll just sleep under the stars for a couple of nights - even though one of my friends was arrested for camping in CT a couple years ago). Secondly, when I went to book our train tickets I was informed of a rail strike in Italy and there would be no way for me to get back in time for work on Monday (not a problem, I'll just buy the car we we're planning to get anyway). After pleading with the dealership to get the car ready in time, registering for a Swiss license, obtaining insurance for the car, and printing off detailed maps for our road trip, we we're ready for our 6am departure the next day.
Josh
Tal
Aubrey
We arrived in the most nothern town of CT (Monterosso) Friday afternoon. After locating a couple potential camp sites and checking out the latest European swim wear fashions (please see Aubrey's blog aka "Miss Independent" if you would like to see some of the pics), we decided to hike from the first city (Monterosso) to the second city (Vernazza).
Monterosso(Left) Vernazza(Right)
I decided that I'm not cut out for the story telling...and I figure none of you really care. Here's the summarized version and some more pics.
Before we left, we had to ditch a crazy Italian train policeman because he wanted to charge us 25 EURO for not stamping our tickets. In the end, we hiked the entire 7 miles between all 5 cities, went cliff jumping, snokeled for a couple hours, came up with a nickname for everyone, and only had two girly momemts. Yep - pretty much the perfect trip.
5 comments:
Love it. Too Bad we did get to sleep by the poop infested bunker, that would have been amazing! Thanks for the shout out on my b-day! I woke up today and wondered where you guys were, I miss you guys!
Amazing pictures and a nice hair-do.
I am so jealous, I really wanted to see the inside of an italian jail again, I'm kind of dissapointed you couldn't find that bunker to camp out in.
Oh my gosh Jess, I totally thought you posted this, I was like you seriously are one crazy preggo lady =)! Looks like *Talmadge* had a fun trip =).
Post a Comment