Tal and I decided to take a trip on Sunday (after sacrament) to the Western side of Switzerland. They speak mostly French there and I must say I'm definitely more comfortable with German now. We actually went because we bought a nice, used stroller from a couple in Lausanne so we made a trip out of it. AND WE FINALLY HAVE A STROLLER!

In Montreaux is the Chateau de Chillon which I've been wanting to see. It's in ads all over Switzerland and I didn't know it actually existed until Aarika and friends came to town with a brochure on it. Anyway, it was definitely worth the trip and the 12 CHF to get in.
I fell in love with the architecture of this castle! I especially love the doors and windows (Tal - "note to self, Jessie really likes old, big, medievel looking doors.") The picture on the right is looking away from the castle, across part of Lake Geneva. You can hardly tell but the Alps are in the background. Here are Tally and I on the throne, respectively. As you can see, he prefers the 700 year old toilets while I prefer the royal chair.
As history goes, this 5th pillar is where the rebel Savoy family member, Bonivard, was chained for four years. He was then immortalized by the poet Lord Byron in his poem, "The Prisoner of Chillon." On a visit, Byron signed his name on the 3rd pillar. I would paste in the poem, but it's way too long!
There was this little secret passageway leading from one room to the other. You can't tell but it was pitch black in there and had spider webs. I made Tally go first! We decided it would be perfect for sneaking into your partner's room in the middle of the night!
Here are some cool pics of the architecture and furniture that I loved so much (more to follow).
3 comments:
love your stroller. it looks very "french" to me in the picture for some reason.
how cute is that stroller!
Okay, I want your stroller! That is the coolest thing ever!! I love all the trips you take, can I come??
Post a Comment