Monday, January 18, 2010

Aiden at SIX months




Wow how time flies. My little man (or "baby dude" as my mom calls him) is six months old today. He is the happiest little dude I know and is laying beside me as I type this kicking his legs and flailing his arms and laughing at himself. He's so yummy.



Just a few days ago, he started getting up on his knees and rocking. Sometimes he rocks too hard an falls forward on his face. He's also sitting up like a champ. Unfortunately his sister thinks this is prime tackling time. He has a bruise on his left cheek from the latest scrimmage. Tal hopes it will help him be tough for when he's in a real football game. He also scoots himself backward across the hardwood floors and ends up getting caught under the furniture. I remember Kelsey doing the same.







He's also grabbing at everything around him. We went to a broki on Saturday (2nd hand store) and he was in heaven looking at all the fun things he could play with. Luckily, we made it out without breaking anything. Tonight, while I made dinner, I put him in his bumbo seat on the counter. He tried to pull out all my knives that I thought were far enough away and then proceeded to pull out all my cooking spoons, spatulas, wisks, etc. from the pitcher. It kept him busy for at least an hour.





Tal's watching a football game and Aiden is now in a trance watching along side Tally with his doughy brown eyes and pouty bottom lip. He likes his binky at bedtime but if he has it other times, he just plays around with it - studies it, throws it, picks it up spastically between fingers.

He's such a social baby and loves sitting up at the dinner table. We got Kelsey a new high chair and put him in her old one and he loves it. He hasn't liked cucumber or carrot baby food so much, but loves the little Gerber puffs and baby cookies. He also loved this random baby food that my friend gave me from Italy. The problem is, the name was in Italian and didn't have pictures so I'm not sure what was in it. Mom of the year right here! Ceci...which I just looked up...chickpeas? Random, but I'll have to try it.
The other day while feeding him, I looked down to realize I'd given him a pink bib, pink bowl & pink spoon. He likes the bright colors, right?




He's starting to sleep for longer stretches now, which is so nice. However, he still ends up in bed with me around 4am. He's SO sweaty and leaves a circle of sweat on our sheets. Seriously soaking. Tonight I tried putting him down in a onesie so we'll see how that goes.


He and Kelsey love each other so much. Sometimes I'll hold Aiden under his arms and let him "walk" to Kelsey....or chase her. Aiden has started pulling her hair when he can get it. Kels is usually a good sport about it. The other day, she wrapped her arms around his neck and picked him up off the ground a few inches. I was terrified. I just can't leave the room for long. She just wanted to hold him! When she's not beating up on him, she's really sweet to him. She goes and gets him toys to play with, brings him his binky, and helps him roll over.





It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt



Holding him nicely


And not-so-nicely



We're so glad you are in our family buddy! Sorry you're not feeling so great today. Here's to half a year!


Just for a fun comparison, here's what Kelsey looked like at 6 months


Kelsey's hair was falling out and growing back blonde. Aiden's hair is growing in blonde, but he doesn't seem to be losing much. I'll post his stats once we come back from the doctor.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute! I couldn't get enough of him when we visited at the cabin. He's just such a happy little guy. Always smiling and laughing. I love it! I hope our baby girl is as happy as he is. I can't believe he's already 6 months. So fun.

April said...

Oh, gosh, what a doll!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

No puedo creer que ya tiene 6 meses! que rapido pasa el tiempo,verdad? el es un nino guapisimo...y parece que tiene una muy buena amiga-hermana..aunque seguro que tienen conflictos...como Johnny con Alba... que dulce es la vida de bebe!!!

likeschocolate said...

He is such a sweet baby!

La Belle Belge said...

Super cute pictures!! I can't believe how big Aiden is now!