Friday, January 15, 2010

THANKFUL to be in Cali

This year, I am grateful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It's been at least 2 years since we've done that. What made it even better was that my grandma from Arkansas was there too. We arrived in the afternoon, the day before Thanksgiving. My Grandma "Nanoo" was waiting to meet her first great-grandbaby boy.



They became best buds


I love their HANDS






Aunt JuJu loved meeting Aiden too.
They had some good cuddle time, and Aiden enjoyed eating Julia's dress.


Kelsey was so excited to see PAPA. She recognized him easily because of Skype.
She hadn't seen him in person in a year.


Mimi got to hold both of her grand babies again...it had been 4 months since she last saw them



Can we say CENTER OF ATTENTION?
Julia was singing jazzy tunes to her


Kelsey playing with the old dollhouse Peach (Julia) and I used to play with.
She loves it. One of the people accidentally made it home with us and every time she sees it she says, "Mimi's house. Go to Mimi's? That's Mimi's...etc."


The chefs cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, Tally was a great help in the kitchen. You know what they say about too many cooks in the kitchen...


It was so good to see my sister Jenna.
She didn't immediately take to me but soon she was just about knocking me over with her hugs.


A sweet moment between dad and daughter


Finally the family came over and Sadie and Kelsey were cute little friends/cousins.







It turns out my mom got Kelsey the same shirt Sadie had on, for Christmas. I bought the crocheted flower bows from Tiffany's friend Tyler (b/c I think they are SO darling). When Kelsey picked out this shirt today, I thought it would be fun to dress her up like Sadie was on Thanksgiving. They could definitely be fraternal twins with those blue eyes and blonde hair!


Jenna giving Grandpa Lang big hugs


FIVE GENERATIONS

Great Grandma Miller just lost her husband, Charles and she just recently had a stroke. She's feeling lonely now and her world has been turned upside down. She forgets a lot of things right now, which is probably somewhat of a blessing. She might not make it very long so I'm very grateful to have spent some time with her while we were there.


Saying Grace...well, thanks.

I know, I'm the irreverent one taking the picture.
I want my posterity to know how important prayer is to our family.

Kelsey chowing down


Aiden with the pretty girls, of course. These are my cousins Caitlin & Marissa.


Kelsey was in heaven running around with all these girls!
Ellie was chasing her around, which is her favorite game right now.


Ellie, Brooklyn & Madison performing a Hannah Montana song.
Kelsey was watching in awe.


The next day was extra special. We got to go through the temple and witness my cousin Ryan and his wife Amber be sealed to their children, James & Emily. Since Aiden has to eat often, I wasn't able to attend the first session. I was bummed, but then was able to have another cool experience. I took James and Emily into the temple and helped get them dressed in white. I can't explain it in words, but there was a special feeling there.


Grandpa with Aiden


Taking family pics in front of the undecorated Christmas tree
My parents with Kels & Aiden


Aunt Juju with the kids


Peek-a-Boo!





Isn't she beautiful?

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

I can see why you would want to be back home close to family. Blessed! BTW, I love Kelsey's greay and polka dot dress!