First, we went to Zurich and I showed her around a bit. Tally and Shayla became friends during our college days so we met him for lunch down by the lake. We ate a classic Zurich Cervela with bread. Shayla in front of Grossmuenster.

Tal told us to get together for a shot which was a great idea...only, not such great timing. Here's a picture of the construction zone at one of the main tram stops. :)

Next we took the train to my house so Shayla could see where we lived. I wish she and Quinn could have stayed with us a night, but I'm not going to complain. At least I got to see Shayla.

Then we were off to Lucerne for a stroll along the famous Chapel Bridge and over to the Lion Monument. I also made Shayla try lost of Swiss chocolate and shoggi gipflis (Chocolate Croissants).


We had some great laughs and good talks - even getting checked out by the traffic guard who then stopped traffic to let us through. It was such a blast to have her here and catch up. She also brought us our much needed BYU apparel. Thanks for coming Shayla!!
3 comments:
How fun! If I had the moolah I'd fly all the roomies out and then we could party! (There would need to be plenty of ice cream, of course. But no bowls. Just spoons.)
Yay! That sounds like so much fun! And I agree with 'april we need to have a get together where icecream is involved :)
If there was a way to bring Swiss ice cream back to SLC with me, I would. This stuff called Moevenpick Swiss Chocolate ice cream is to die for. I was just looking back at college pictures and there's one of me and E eating out of a 5 gallon tub that we kept in the snow. CLASSIC!
Post a Comment