Friday, September 05, 2008

Smells Like Cows...or Worse


After getting scolded on my family vacation by my uncle Steve, I am now using the MANUAL mode setting on my camera. There we so many more pictures from this walk - right in the middle - when I had it on the wrong setting so they are WAY too dark. The top one of the cow was taken then, and it makes it look like I was hanging out with the cows in the moonlight. Hehe.

A family walk turns into a lesson in electrocution. I was so careful as I climbed out of bounds to get some shots NOT to touch the electrically charged fence. Then Tally touched it, just to see what it felt like, WITH OUR DAUGHTER IN HIS ARMS, and he said it wasn't to bad. So, I toughened up and tried it. It was quite a jolt even when you know it's coming. I was still buzzing when we got home.

Here's a bit of pleasant information. I just recently learned that the farmers here in Europe aren't spraying their crops with good 'ol cow manure. It's HUMAN FECES. Yep. Taken right out of the septic tanks. And to think I let Kelsey eat the flowers just so I can take pictures. I always wondered why it was so green here and why it stinks SO bad after they spray. Learn something new everyday.

4 comments:

jessi said...

We love that overlook spot - I didn't realize that is an electric fence there. The fence is meant to startle cattle, so I am sure that must have been quite a jolt! Where did you learn that about the fertilizing of fields? Maybe I don't want you to tell me anymore. It is amazing that it takes something so disgusting to make such beauty. . .

April said...

uuugh! I am grossed out to the max! I hope you have recovered from the electric fence experience--which reminds me--do you remember the "cattle prod" story that Shayla told us? hehehehehe.

lyn said...

I actually like the look of the under-exposed cow! Kinda artsy feel about it! As for the fertilizer? I'll keep my yellow lawn if that is what it takes! :)

likeschocolate said...

I am so grossed out by that. Now I know why it smelled so bad. Poor cows, I was blaming them. I got electricuted by one of those fences and I agree didn't hurt to much, but would not do it again.