Monday, April 07, 2008

A Trip to Zurich

One round-trip train ticket: $6


Missing my German lesson because I'm an airhead and I left at the house at the time my class starts: Frustrating, but not costly

Renewing my one year half fare card: $150


Seeing this couple at die Post and getting these photos: Priceless



You don't see this everyday in Switzerland! I felt as though I has stepped into a different time and place...like maybe shrunken and placed in some body's garden. Or stepped into Leprechaun Land. Or maybe it was Santa & Mrs. Claus disguised and on vacation. Although, she had a beard and a snaggle tooth.. Either way, Kelsey cried the instant she looked up and saw the man whose arms she was in. Poor girl! The entire post office must have been wondering what kind of mother I was. Kelsey, I hope you can laugh about this later!

5 comments:

Aubrey Hansen said...

that is so funny! I love random people. I love it even more that you got a picture with them. and yes, if you pay for me to come over I will learn everything and come teach you!

Shontz Family said...

love that picture! what a timeless couple!!

Unknown said...

The scraggly tooth is my favorite part. How random to meet such people in Zurich :) Looks like Kelsey wasn't too happy with the plan but I'm sure she'll appreciate it in future years.

Elisa said...

Oh that's hilarious! It reminds me of pictures of little children with Santa Claus.

Jodi said...

JESS!!!

Your blog makes me laugh harder than anyone elses!!! You are too funny! The things you think of! You are such a great mom! Kelsey is so blessed to have a mom who does such fun little things with her and I really mean that... You are creating such precious memories for your little precious baby girl.. I almost fell out of my chair when I read this post... You are just so creative and funny... I love it!

Jodi