Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Moving On Without Me

I set Kelsey down in her crib sitting up as I was hurried about cleaning the house before Tally got home tonight. Soon after setting her down, she started crying so I went in to check on her. When I saw this, I ran and grabbed the closest camera could find!

She went from sitting to standing! It must not have been very graceful due to the red mark on her face and her cry that sent me in to check on her. One of many I'm sure she'll get while learning to move.

I'm so proud of myself!

In some ways my heart swells with joy that she is learning new things, daring to take the next step. I love watching her smile, proud of her new accomplishments. And usually that's all I feel. But today, with this step, I feel like she's starting to leave the baby phase to rush into the next step and I'm not ready yet. I took out the insert of the pack and play just now. If she were to try to stand up in there she would surely fall out of it. More baby things to pack away and sentimental feelings to figure out where to place. She doesn't like to sit with me or snuggle very long anymore. She always wants to be moving, constantly changing scenery. She's her own little person and I love that about her. No matter how old she gets she'll always be my baby.

4 comments:

mary said...

Sweet post, Jess! It's so sad and exciting to see them grow up. It looks like her hair is turning blonde, yes??

Aubrey Hansen said...

It's alright Jess just have another one!

Tiffany said...

wow... my baby is retarded. She needs to get going or her little cousin is going to leave her in the dust! And I was going to post a video of her scooting along the floor... not anymore, this is embarrassing!

lyn said...

i am cracking up at tiff's comment! my first son walked at 9 months, when the 2nd (and now 3rd) weren't walking at 13 months...i knew they were "retarded", but they both caught on at 14 months. lol they all catch up eventually, which is...yes jess...bittersweet! :)