Saturday, April 12, 2008

The "Swiss Riviera"

We took a drive down to Lausanne on Thursday so Tally could take the long awaited GMAT. Zurich doesn't offer the GMAT and Lausanne is the closest place that does. Kelsey and I explored the city while Tally took the test.
Lausanne is on Lake Geneva, but on the Northeast side of the Lake. This picture is actually more of Montreux as we were driving away from Lausanne but it's pretty similar. When I picture Lausanne, I remember the hillside vineyards overlooking Lake Leman or Lake Geneva (depends on where you are for what you call it. In Lausanne/Montreaux area it's Lac Leman). Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the vineyards.
The city is built on a slope so all the stores and shopping were on different levels. It was a workout pushing the stroller up those hills! It rained for the first couple hours and then cleared up for us. Kelsey and I went to toy stores and baby boutiques and saw the sites. We went to the city museum and the Lausanne Notre Dame Cathedral. This sweet lady was adoring Kelsey so I asked her to take a picture of us. She said, "Never have I seen such beauty." She kept saying she loved Kelsey's eyes. We talked about names and their meaning. She asked me what Kelsey's name meant and I realized I didn't know. I looked it up once and it said "successful" but I don't know if that's the real meaning or one made up to put on those baby naming sites.After an anxious day of waiting for us and a day of mental exertion for him, Tally finished the test! He did great and is happy with his score. He thinks he could have done better, but that's the perfectionist within him. Pleased but never satisfied. We decided to unwind in Vevey with a walk along the lakeside and dinner at a Pizzaria.

Here's the dress that I couldn't resist. It was handmade and calling my name from this little French baby boutique. She wont be able to wear it until she's 18 - 24 months but sometimes you just have to plan ahead.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Jess,

I am jealous of all of your many adventures over there! It just seems like you guys are having such an amazing time! I love reading your posts... Have you ever considered writing?? You are such a great writer! I mean, a really great writer! :)

Jodi

Unknown said...

Hooray for being done with the gmat! And I love that dress you found. The picture of Tally walking by the water is beautiful. Nice work ;)

Steve and Steph said...

Jess, You take miraculous and amazing pictures! Sometime when you guys are back in the states, you'll have to do a little photo shoot with the Barrus clan...You look great! Isn't being a mommy so wonderful!!!