On Saturday, we finally went on a date! I don't know why we tried Mexican food again in Europe but we did. It was the best I've had here (El Mejor, Rapperswil) but you would have asked for your money back in the states. I think we've finally come to terms with the fact that the best Mexican we can get here is in our own kitchen. The owner/cook/only English speaker's last name was LANG! She said, "your last name is Lang and you don't speak German?" I said in German "Ich spreche ein bisson Deutsch!" Anyway, it was nice to be able to leave Kelsey with a babysitter. I loved being out with my best friend. It was great to be able to talk and eat, undistracted by a baby. I guess she cried a lot but eventually fell asleep. Poor babe, but she's gotta learn! Here's Tally and our fajitas. They were not the sizzling kind but I loved the sauce they were in. 

Sunday we had GREAT, SUNNY weather and took a long walk with our friends the Bergs. They're expecting a little girl in August and I can't wait!

On Monday I had German lessons so we went up to Zurich. It was the Zurich holiday Sechselauten where they set fire to a snowman named Boogg. It was raining and we didn't want to stay in Zurich all day so we didn't get to see his head explode. We saw it last year and it would probably scare Kelsey too! We did get to see them setting up which meant we got to get up close and personal with Boogg.

We went and got a Nutella/banana crepe afterwards and it was SO good.

Here's Kelsey on the train ride home watching the little boy next to us. She kept wanting to go crawl or walk over to him. She forgets she's still a baby.

On Monday I had German lessons so we went up to Zurich. It was the Zurich holiday Sechselauten where they set fire to a snowman named Boogg. It was raining and we didn't want to stay in Zurich all day so we didn't get to see his head explode. We saw it last year and it would probably scare Kelsey too! We did get to see them setting up which meant we got to get up close and personal with Boogg.
We went and got a Nutella/banana crepe afterwards and it was SO good.
Here's Kelsey on the train ride home watching the little boy next to us. She kept wanting to go crawl or walk over to him. She forgets she's still a baby.
Oh, and I made my most favorite batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (thanks Erin). I ate three for lunch yesterday. Not the best diet for a breast feeding mother, I know. I couldn't fight the craving...
2 comments:
My cookie look like that too but it is because Carter usually gets up on the counter and takes one bite out of all of them. :)
So fun! I'm glad your dinner party was a success. I sure wish we could have been there too. And I'm also happy that you were finally able to have a date night! Too bad the Mexican food wasn't better. Miss you!
Post a Comment