Sunday, January 20, 2008

Kelsey is 4 months old

Kelsey weighs 15 pounds (6.82 kilos) and is 24 1/4 inches (61.6 cm) tall now!


Over the last few weeks, she's learned some new tricks, tried some new things, and had a few firsts:

First Rice Cereal
We tried it for the first time a few weeks ago in California. My parents got a kick out of watching her. She liked it so much but doesn't quite have the tongue skills to help it down. She did NOT like when we took that spoon away!
















Touching her Toes


First Ponytail


Putting her binki in by herself
Unfortunately this doesn't happen all the time and never at night (she's still swaddled although that may change by next month as she gets better at this).


Gaining interest in eating and drinking
She would drink her milk out of a water bottle if she could right now. Her little face lights up when I hand her a water bottle. Sometimes her hand can't quite time when to come together to grasp it yet, but she's getting better at that. She likes for me to give her a sip but usually reacts with a disgusted look in my direction as if to say - that's not milk!? Today she also reached for my piece of banana bread I was eating. I let her have a lick and she went full force towards it and started sucking it. She loved the taste and wanted more but gagged on the pieces that went down to her throat. I know it's still a bit early for that but we had to have a little fun. (Note to the Lang family: This does not mean you can feed her chocolate and sweets next time you see her)






















Falling asleep by herself
Before we went to the states, you could never lay her down awake and have her fall asleep. Somewhere on the trip, she would get fussy sometimes when we'd hold her to rock her to sleep. So, frustrated, we would put her down (swaddled, with a binki, and her "lovie" over her eyes) and she'd fall asleep! Now she'll do it almost every time

Arching her back
She started doing this when we'd put her in her car seat and she'd object.

Talking & Laughing more
There's never a dull moment. It never ceases to make me laugh when she blabs and even yells at her little frog mobile that hangs from her car seat or her stuffed animals or when it's directed at me! Tally and I usually put a story line to it which keeps us entertained.

First time going to the Pacific & Atlantic Oceans



And by the time I post this (January 22), her first illness! My poor baby could hardly breathe last night so I put her down in her car seat. That seemed to help. I hate seeing my little girl suffer. If she's not over it by Thursday, I'll take her to the Mutterberatung (town nurse that's only there certain days - you can just bring your baby and ask her questions). Maybe I'll try some vapor rub or something.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Kelsey really is a pretty baby. Those blue eyes are so beautiful! Four months old already. I can hardly believe it. I feel like I know her already through your blog even though we haven't met. It will sure be nice to see that little angel in person!

Tiffany said...

ps- my dr said vapor rub is a no-no until hey are like 2! sucks huh? She is so cute, I'm glad she is falling asleep alone now, isn't it nice!!!

mary said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love her big blue eyes and cute lashes! She is so pretty!

Shayla Taylor said...

Jessie! Your baby is so cute! William needs a date. :) Although he might crush her someday. Will was 16 lbs and 25.5 inches at his 2 month. :) Anywho, the provo docts here said to use Vics Baby Vapor rub. Take a tiny bit and rub it on the bottom of their feet before they go to bed. By boss has a 12 week old who got really sick and it helped their baby sleep at night. :) E-mail me sometime.