It's hard to believe that four years ago today, we arrived in Zurich. It's amazing to think that in just four years how much our life has changed. We were so frugal then! We were kidless then! I was a working woman! We've doubled in size since then!I wish I'd written more and taken more pictures of leaving, the plane ride, arriving, etc. I guess I was too sick and overwhelmed to think of these things at the time. Here's one of the first pictures of Tal and I in Zurich. We are on the Limmat with St. Peterskirche behind us.
We spent our first weeks and our last few days in hotels in the heart of Zurich. My head was spinning on the way in but I sure savored every glance out the window and piece of architecture on the way out. Man I miss those cobblestones...and about a million other things.
Right now I have the German song, "Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen" or "the world not yet seen" playing on my computer. I must have heard it dozens of times while driving around Thalwil, running errands. Every time I think about our experience in Switzerland, I tear up and my heart gets warm. I feel gratitude for what we experienced together as a young little family. I feel gratitude for the opportunity to have lived in such a beautiful place and to have met so many wonderful people from so many walks of life, people I would have never gotten to know otherwise but have changed my life for the better. I feel extremely blessed to have two babies born there, and to have had such a wonderful experience with their deliveries. My mind was expanded, new ideas presented, and my point of view changed forever. Snails will always be schneklis to me.
Now, the song my John Mayer "Half of My Heart" is on and I can't help but think of how half of my heart will always be in Zurich. These are a few pictures out of MANY that have great meaning to me.
Our little 2 bedroom flat...the middle floor of the orange building
The view of the lake from our living room window. Across the street there was an empty lot on the lake
Our kitchen - I love the clean, sleek, OPENness of it.
The sailboats on the lake, the alps in the background, our daily breath of life
Now I'm going to go have a good cry and then go to bed. Bis spaeter, Zurich.
1 comment:
Wouldn't it be fun in maybe 5 years time to do a girls trip to Europe. I haven't heard that song before. I am going to look it up on you tube and see if I can find it. I was just thinking the other day how in a months time the fields will be changing to a bright greeen and how beautiful they are. How lucky and blessed you were to have such a wonderful opportunity one that most people never get. Have a great weekend. Hugs from Georgia-Kelleyn
Post a Comment