Then Tally went to Switzerland and the kids and I went to Highland, Utah to watch these little munchkins. They're cute, huh. And crazy fun. Poor Aiden submerged in a world full of girls.
Sadie is wearing Kelsey's PJs and Kelsey is wearing Sadie's. They LOVED wearing each other's clothes.
What the pose?
Cutie!
Family prayer caught on camera. I was being reverent, I swear.
The first night there was a LONG, FRUSTRATING night mostly because these two didn't want to sleep my themselves, or with their cousins. Then Aiden pushed a button on the TV remote and took out my plan B. Then he did it again in the living room and ruined my plan C. TV was just not meant to be. I finally got mean enough and the kids got tired enough that they did this.A few days later it was back to my house for church. The three youngest girls decided they wanted to wear all Matilda Jane. Luckily, Kelsey has enough to go around. See, I was just being prepared!
Green smoothie shots
Ellie's words, not mine: "This is the most fun I've ever had!" And it shows on her face.
The kids went "swimming" in my bathtub. Once it got full enough Brooklyn had to hold Aiden to keep him from slipping under.
All cleaned up and ready for CUPCAKES! Healthy ones of course, with nuts and evaporated cane juice and carrots. They didn't seem to mind!
Sadie pulled out her claws whenever things didn't go her way.
Kelsey was usually on the receiving end of that. By the time Sadie went home, she had scratches on both her cheeks, her chin, hands...and maybe more. The black eye is from Kelsey running right into the cabinet cutting board at Tiffany's. Poor thing. Though she did plenty to egg Sadie on...for some reason they still loved playing with each other. Now Kelsey says, "Sadie was mean to me!" She'll forget, eventually.
My curly-headed boy chowing down
Soon it was that time again: Mini Cheer Camp. Kelsey's cousin Sarah was in charge of teaching this group. Kelsey's cousin Edie and Edie's cousins Ella & Claire were also in this group.Yay! So excited!
Ella, Claire, Edie & Kelsey - all of Edie's cousins her age and gender
Kelsey did about two of the moves and the rest of the time she stood there and watched everyone else. I was on the front row trying to help her but she ignored me. She's also the youngest, she was supposed to be FOUR. Little Claire was SUCH a ham! It was so darling!
The kids REALLY missed Tally while he was gone so they tried to spend every minute they could with him. Meanwhile, Tal was jet-lagged.
Pom-pom and tattoo (which didn't come off for days)
Can you tell that she had a black eye and scratches on her face?
I love this one that Tricia took!
Here's my cute boy!
He LOVES shoes, no matter the owner or color
Over President's Day weekend, we watched my Taft & Mary's dog, Ginger. Tal was in Vegas with his buddies so it was great timing. Plus, she's hypo-allergenic. The kids LOVED having her around, better than a shiny new toy.
Kelsey put bows in her fur
Are you seriously letting her do this to me?
Playing in the snow together
Pure JOY
Yummy snow!
Ginger liked sleeping with Kels. G WAS asleep, until she hear me come in. Kelsey wanted G's kennel on her bed. Whatever.
It's been WAY too long since we've gotten together with our Swiss friends. Luckily, Alyssa Barlow and family came to down and demanded a party. It was SO great to catch up with everyone and REMEMBER! We had Raclette of course! We missed those who weren't there though too.
The hostess with the mostess
Kelsey LOVED Janelle's belly and held her own belly like she was pregnant!
Prego buddies. They had the same due date but then J got moved up.
Tate loved taking charge of the kids, and I didn't hear any complaints from the kids! I think Aiden had a crush on Autumn - he kept knocking her over and taking her toys!
My SIL Alliso came to town and put feather extensions in K's hair. I had to take pics of it. I love her sass!
Then at the end of the month, my grandparents came to town so the Utah side of the family got together at our place one night for dinner. We celebrated Jason's birthday with pumpkin pie!
Kelsey in Great Grandpa's lap, ready for that first piece of pie. Tiff looks pretty excited for it too ;)













































4 comments:
So fun! Thanks for posting these, it was fun to see what you guys did while I was away. Sorry about the little monster, we're working on it! :) Soon, they will be best friends and old enough to not be violent. PS- I didn't know you dog-sat too? Guess what we just got?? :)
Great Pictures and it's awesome you guys have so much family around. Chloe & her cousin use to fight but now they are little buddies- it's nice when they grow out of it ;).
You guys sure did have a busy month. I am glad Kelsey had so much fun with her cousins even if it resulted in some cat fights.
What fun!
Post a Comment