Monday, August 02, 2010

Price Family Reunion 2010

This took place at the end of July, I'm playing catch-up as usual

We went up to Park City for our family reunion this year. Now some of you may say that's not very far, but that made all the difference this year. After my sister-in-law's sister passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks before our scheduled reunion, we weren't sure if we would have it at all. Mary Jane insisted we do it, and it ended up being a wonderful, bonding week. Had we planned to do it anywhere else, we would not have had everyone in the family there. How grateful we were and are to have been able to share these memories.

The first night we got there, we roasted marshmallows and {Starbursts?} I think Kelsey and Aiden took the prize for eating the most uncooked marshmallows and getting the messiest.


Finger-lickin' GOOD


The master chefs made smores for everyone





A perfect fit for that little finger


Just plain MESSY

Kelsey LOVED snuggling between her cousins. Once she fell asleep, we moved her to our room in a sleeping bag on the floor.

Blowing bubbles with Edie


The older kids played cards ALL the time - it's so fun that there are so many around the same age
These ones happen to all be siblings



Paisley, helping us eat healthy

Oma with Kelsey & Aiden

Shooting rockets












Too much fun is tiring

I love this exchange...siblings at their finest. 
This is literally the 4 shots I got, one right after the other. 




One of the funnest things we did during the family reunion was a scavenger hunt through the city. The first stop...the high school where the Price brothers and sisters went to school. At each point, the team had to get a picture at the  site to prove they were there. 

Then to a member of the family's house, whoever you think is closest

Onto the Utes Stadium (felt like a fish out of water) where we had to have one member run around the perimeter of the stadium in under 3 minutes. It turns out that's not 'normal person' humanly possible so after several attempts, we lost our head start (luckily, I did not have to run in flip flops).

The other teams getting out of their cars - I never knew our family was so crazy and competitive!

Watching the clock 

Carson was winded, to say the least

What a cute team-player

Scoping out the scene...skeptical

Our next stop was to the Salt Lake City library. We had to find Tally's name on a Live Donor Memorial Wall. When I got there, I asked for the location of the wall and his name. I found out and then sprinted (by then the other teams had caught up). Even knowing where it was, I couldn't find that row and place! It was raining and the all is glass with the names etched in. Finally, Madison found it! Although she tried not to give it up, the rule was that you had to get a pic with it. Soon we were all fighting for our team's spot in front of the wall. Pure madness, but it was fun.



Then from the library we had to take TRAX up to Temple Square.

Kels was on Tal's team, I'm so glad he didn't lose her in the process! It's a good thing there were lots of people looking out for her. 

Then a picture with Sister Missionaries. We had to learn how to say "Families can be together forever" in 3 different languages. That was my job, and I think the Spanish one was the only one I got. I was hoping to find a Swiss missionary but couldn't.

We then had to get a picture with the new mini-temple

And then a picture with our favorite Jazz players

Poor Taft carried Aiden in his car seat from Temple Square to Gateway - running most of the way!
We made it in second place - Tal's team snaked the win, just a minute or so ahead of us. 
It was still a lot of fun. 

I don't think she was too excited to get wet. 

Oh, and you had to get a picture of one of your team members getting wet in the fountain. 

Even though they didn't win, each team completed the task! 


I forgot to add that all the couples were divided each Price kid was paired with an in-law. It definitely made things more fun!

Cute cousins playing together

What a spat!

Look at my pretty toes!

Cute girls all snuggled together

So funny

We had to take family pictures, of course


Kids with Oma & Opa

Tal's brother and his family

I had to add this one. Edie wanted a picture with her baby ;)
Tal's sister and her family

Tal's brother and his family

Tal's sister and her family

Our little family hanging out, eating popsicles


For real, LOVE this face!

Pictures with Oma





2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

How blessed you are to have such a wonderful big family!

Mikaela said...

Love the one of Kels sharing her popsicle with Aiden!