Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy 29th, Tal!

On Friday,  Tally turned 29. That means this is his last "good" year, haha. 
We had a party with family and friends, which was great. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. I forgot candles and to take a picture of LOTS of things, but these are the few I managed to snap.

I love Camie's face here

Our friends we met in Switzerland, the Mascaros

Our neighbors just behind us - the kids LOVE to play together! YAY!

Friends & Cousins

Our friends Racie & Ratha

If you were there and not pictured, I'm sorry. It's because I can't do more than 16 things at a time ;)

Something I want to remember about this last year with Tally is how much he ACCOMPLISHED! 

Went canyoning in Interlaken
Did a guys trip to Italy
He did his first triathlon
Became a father of TWO, his first son
Visited Austria
Climbed Kilimanjaro (climbkili.com)
Was diagnosed with skin cancer, got a huge chunk of his arm removed, and then told it wasn't cancer
Moved internationally
Bought his first home

Am I missing anything?

I am so proud of him and what he has accomplished. When he sets his mind and body to something, he doesn't stop. I love his determination...well, most of the time. 

So his first full day of being 29, he started off with a bang. He rode 75 miles for the MS ride in Logan with the Goldman Sachs team. Though it was hard waking up at 4:45 today to drive up, he was really glad he did it on the way back. The kids and I went up there with him and went swimming with Jodi & Brody while the guys rode. Tal and I are hoping to do it together next year. It's such a great cause and, according to Tal, a beautiful, fun ride. 

As I write this, he's playing golf with his brother. Then tonight we're supposed to go on a hot date - if he's not too tired. Just dinner and a movie. But we don't do that enough so I'm excited. Here are the pics from today (can you believe I'm posting same day!?). 

7am

Team Goldman Sachs, I like their jerseys

Tal's name is circled below

Clipping in

Ready to go

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Wow, impressive Jess! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate. I have been up in Idaho and just got back a couple of days ago. It looks like it went well and that you had fun. Happy Birthday Tally!

likeschocolate said...

Happy Birthday Tal! We hope the next 29 years are just as exciting.

Linsey said...

Way to go, Tal! Jess, let me know more about the ride. I think it would be awesome to do next year with you guys!