Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Disneyland

Just getting around to finishing Christmas, then Easter is soon on the list ;) Hopefully I'll catch up now that life has slowed down again. *will soon be moved to 11/30/09*



Here we are at the Happiest Place On Earth! I admit, I was dreading it. I'm not a fan of waiting in lines but the saving grace is that we would be with my family. We (as in Tally too) ended up having a blast. Kelsey loved it and Aiden was a good baby pretty much the whole time. I think it helps having a kid and watching them enjoy this new world for the first time. Also, it wasn't crowded.

Our first Disneyland family photo
Kelsey and some of her girl cousins (well, my cousins' kids)
The crazy Watson and Snow clan
Kelsey was scared to see Minnie on her own but since she was wearing her Minnie dress (thanks to Jenna, Mia & Lexi), we had to get a picture with Minnie!!


Here we are in California Adventure Land. We got hopper passes and it was my first time in that park! The Monster's Inc. ride was fun except Kelsey hadn't seen the movie yet. I tried to fill her with as much DISNEY as possible for our trip.

The Toy Story ride with all the glasses was a lot of fun too. My mom and I battled it out and SHE WON!

A tender moment
Kelsey and Brooklyn really bonded on this trip. She is such a good big sister/cousin! We went on the ferris wheel and apparently we got on one that really rocks back and forth! Kelsey almost flew out of her seat at me since she doesn't weigh enough. My mom was holding Aiden and kept telling me to go help her. Meanwhile I was laughing too hard and snapping away. She was just fine holding on to Brooklyn. Poor child.



The princess castle is behind Kels - we never made it over there so we'll have to start there next time

The Haunted Mansion was done up all Tim Burton style, pretty cool 



Tomorrowland
Yes, I got to go on Space Mountain. It was just how I'd remembered it. 



We got to go on Pirates of the Carribean, which is always a favorite
Here we are waiting for the parade. We had a "picnic" which was so fun for the kids.






Aiden just lied on the ground, happy little boy
Grandma getting her snuggle time
I LOVE Disneyland at Christmas!!

It's a SMALL WORLD!
It was so fun to read the different languages and see the Swiss representation!!


Shari with ALL her grandbabies!!
Over the loudspeaker, a voices started talking over music. It was a child making a wish that it would snow and an adult saying that wishes could come true if you just believe it. Then it started SNOWING in CALIFORNIA. Yes, little white papery flakes. It was quite impressive. You can't see them as well as I'd hoped in the pictures, which makes the overexposed picture of Tally so great.


Cousins by chance, friends by choice ;)
Shannon and I took Brooklyn and Madison (who remind us of us when we were young) on the Matterhorn. It was decorated with Swiss things of course, something I'd never noticed before. Out front, they had all the canton flags and it was fun to try to remember what each of them were.
Kelsey was DONE by the end of the day, poor thing has probably never worn herself out like this before.


We may have to make it a yearly tradition - Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Looks like it was a perfect day! I have never been to California Adventure or to Disney at Christmas. Need to put it on my to do list.

jessi said...

Wow, hope you have hung in there with your hubby being here for two weeks! It was great to see him. I will have to show Abram the Lightning McQueen pics tomorrow!