On the morning of July 5th, we went to the 4th of July breakfast held by the ward I grew up in and my grandparents' ward. It was so fun to have SO many family members there and to see old friends.
Then we went over to Grandma & Grandpa Lang's for a party. We also celebrated my Aunt Shari's birthday.
Me and my Grandma - twinners
We did lots of other random things...like BEANSCENE. Here's Kelsey wearing Grampi's hat.
"I'm so glad when Grampi comes home... (or not, in Aiden's case)"
We went ROCK CLIMBING with Julia and two friends (Spencer & Nathan) in Malibu State Park. Imagine this: Julia and I taking turns pushing the Graco Duoglider stroller with one bum wheel (a front and back "strolling" stroller), two babies, lots of dirt, rocks, ravines, heat and hills...a 20 minute hike in took us an hour! At one point, I honestly thought of the pioneers and what they went through.

We finally made it and I got to go climb! It was fun, challenging (I'm not so good), and a nice change from the norm. Sadly, I did not make it to the top. I couldn't find another hold and my arms were shaking!
Aiden sitting below us, eating dirt and trail mix
My dad is giving Aiden some sound advice here, no doubt.
We had to be careful not to step on them.




After a fabulous butterfly release ceremony it was time for the REAL birthday fun to start. We headed up to Paradise Cove to have lunch on the beach. Here are some pics from our drive.

Julia came down for a few days and it was so fun to be together.
Kelsey LOVED her guitar and danced as she sang and played.
We went ROCK CLIMBING with Julia and two friends (Spencer & Nathan) in Malibu State Park. Imagine this: Julia and I taking turns pushing the Graco Duoglider stroller with one bum wheel (a front and back "strolling" stroller), two babies, lots of dirt, rocks, ravines, heat and hills...a 20 minute hike in took us an hour! At one point, I honestly thought of the pioneers and what they went through.

We finally made it and I got to go climb! It was fun, challenging (I'm not so good), and a nice change from the norm. Sadly, I did not make it to the top. I couldn't find another hold and my arms were shaking!
Here's Juju
Aiden sitting below us, eating dirt and trail mix
On the hike out we saw a few deer.
Some people coming the other way warned us of a rattlesnake on the path but we never saw it.
Back at home now, here's Grampi hanging out in the backyard with the babes.Some people coming the other way warned us of a rattlesnake on the path but we never saw it.
My dad is giving Aiden some sound advice here, no doubt.
On July 10th, my birthday, my mom told me she had an activity that was bound to be the funnest part of my birthday. When I heard what it was, I said, "I hope not!" What was this event? A butterfly release ceremony that her hospice work was putting on. Really mom!? First we listened to depressing stories of how people had lived good lives and died and then we all got an envelope with a "frozen" butterfly in it. Don't worry, they thawed them out a bit before so they could fly. Here's Julia apologizing to the innocent little butterfly, reassuring it that it would soon be set free.

Kelsey's flew right into my face and then semi-flew to a spot on the grass. That's how frozen it still was!
There was face painting accompanied by a long line. Luckily, there was also a spot open for a face-painter so my very artistic sister stepped in and gave her little niece a beautiful butterfly face.

Isn't she amazing? She had the best butterfly face around.
There was also free ice cream, always a hit. It was soon melted ALL over her. Yuck.

Our good family friend of a million years, Brian Drewniak and his daughter Katie came and stayed with my parents the night before, since they were in town for a soccer game. Kelsey couldn't stop talking about them, they had so much fun together.

However, Kelsey was NOT happy about the balloon. I think she was all funned out.

After a fabulous butterfly release ceremony it was time for the REAL birthday fun to start. We headed up to Paradise Cove to have lunch on the beach. Here are some pics from our drive.

Aiden was NOT okay with the feeling of sand on his feet.
A kind stranger handed us a towel, he was only slightly happier.
One of the days, we went over to Amber & Ry's and played with James and Emily

On the 14th, we went to Leo Carillo Beach and had a blast. Please excuse my out of focus, black-dotted photos. My P&S is dying...I need a new one ASAP!
We forgot a sun hat for Aiden so we used this instead. That lasted for a half a second.
A kind stranger handed us a towel, he was only slightly happier.
A family pic, that was so fun I just couldn't keep my eyes open.
I wish Jenna was in this pic! We did get to see Jenna for a few days, I just love her.

I wish Jenna was in this pic! We did get to see Jenna for a few days, I just love her.

That night, Julia stayed in town extra long to go to a birthday dinner with me and one of my closest friends from high school, Chelsea. We skipped out on Mexican in favor of Thai. Great choice. We ended up at a European chocolate/gelato store that Julia's friend Nicole works at. They sang to me and brought me out some free chocolates. So sweet!
On Sunday, we celebrated mine and Aiden's birthdays. Kelsey blew out my candles for me. I hear that's good luck. It was fun celebrating my birthday with my parents, grandparents, and even cousins - just wish Tal could have been there too.
On Sunday, we celebrated mine and Aiden's birthdays. Kelsey blew out my candles for me. I hear that's good luck. It was fun celebrating my birthday with my parents, grandparents, and even cousins - just wish Tal could have been there too.
One of the days, we went over to Amber & Ry's and played with James and Emily

On the 14th, we went to Leo Carillo Beach and had a blast. Please excuse my out of focus, black-dotted photos. My P&S is dying...I need a new one ASAP!
We forgot a sun hat for Aiden so we used this instead. That lasted for a half a second.
I love the beach...
Kelsey and I building a sand castle. She loved watching the sand crabs.
Kels with my mom...Kels was so happy there but not to take pictures.
The last day we were there, we cleaned out the garage (yes, my choice of activity). See this post for the before and afters. Unfortunately, I found this spider/bug thing...I have NO idea WHAT it is, do you? It had a see-through body and gave me the heebejeebies.


We had such a great time and it makes me sad we wont be back until December...


































2 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time in California. I love Paradise Cove, but I think I have told that to your before. Oh, you should check out You Tube their is a young woman on their with your name. She even looks a tiny tiny bit like you . I saw her when my mom was looking up episode of America's got talent. Hope you are enjoying the last few days of summer.
Love all the pictures, especially from your hike. Have to admit everytime I see a picture of you I am reminded how beautiful you are inside and out! You are such a kind, positive, focused person and a great mom, when I grow up I want to be like you. Also . . .I have mentioned before you mom is a babe but I think I now have to confess your dad is a stud too . . . does that make me weird? or is it everything else? haha
Post a Comment