I have to start writing down the funny things Kelsey says and does. These were all from today.
Tally was feeling sick tonight so he told Kelsey to stop jumping on him because he's sick. She asked, "kiss?" He replied, yes and she gave him a kiss. Then she asked, "all better?"
Her magnetic letters were scattered all over the floor. As I went to pick them up, I noticed that all the yellow ones were scattered in one place, the orange and reds in another...can we say OCD? I'm just grateful she's finally saying "RED" when I point to red and not "GREEN." There were a few weeks when I thought she might be color-blind. I even asked the doctor about it and he laughed saying she was too young to tell. Phew.
Here are a few pictures from playing in our yard today (I can't believe I'm doing a "same-day post" - I have several other drafts waiting to be posted, but they need some work). Kelsey just got a new dress in the mail yesterday for her birthday from my friend Thu. She wanted to wear it today.


Climbing up can be more fun that sliding down




These were from earlier in the week, but pretty funny.
Yesterday, she skinned her knees at the park. I put a dress on her and then realized her knees were uncovered. I asked her if she wanted to wear pants. We looked around for a bit and she saw my photog prop bag laying on the couch with the green polka dot "Baby Legs" hanging out. She grabbed those and wore them around the rest of the day. It kinda looked funky, kinda looked hobo-ish. Wish I had gotten a pic.
I picked out a few sweet peppers at the grocery store and Kelsey said she wanted to hold them. I looked down a few minutes later after seeing people give my daughter weird looks to find Kelsey eating the red pepper like an apple! It looked like a mouse had gotten to it with bite marks all around it. Moral of the story: if you're going to bring your kid to the store hungry, make sure to start in the produce section, not the candy isle.


On Sunday, I was heading to the car with my many bags when I realized I'd forgotten a hair rubberband (and I had a HUGE dent in my hair from wearing one earlier). I asked Tally to bring me a black hair rubberband from the medicine cabinet. I was thinking of this:


I started cracking up. Seriously?
I have a film case full of tiny rubberbands in the medicine cabinet that I use for Kelsey's hair and I still have the black ones in there from girls camp in high school when we would braid our hair into little braids for the week. Luckily I found a REAL rubber band in the car. I felt like I had played the telephone game.

Tal was helping me pick up one night and was putting all of Kelsey's magnetic letters back on the wall heater. He lined them up in alphabetical order so I had to snap it.

We are professionals now at ABC's. Singing the song or putting the letters in order at least 20x per week gets you to the pros.
Now that it's past 1:30am and my little guy is AWAKE, just chillin next to me, I think it's time to say good night and step away from the computer.

No comments:
Post a Comment