Saturday, October 10, 2009

Grindelwald

Here is a post I am just now getting to. It will soon be moved to June 13, 2009.

The Coop grocery store was offering a special: spend 100CHF and get a discount pass to ride up to Jungefrau. For those of you who don't know, this is called the "Top of Europe" and is the highest point reachable by train (I assume in Europe). It is normally 200CHF to go up and this coupon would allow you to go for 65CHF. Deal! I spent the money (easily) and got one ticket. Then we were lucky enough to have a friend give us another ticket. Sweet!

So we scheduled the Saturday, got all ready and then I read online that pregnant women shouldn't go up to that altitude. I confirmed with my doctor. Big bummer, but at least Tal could go. We got into Interlaken at 10:30 and were told we were a half hour to late (halb stunden zu spaet). They were SOLD OUT. WHAT!? We were bummed, but were determined to do something fun.

We decided to drive to Grindelwald and had a great time exploring. It was a GORGEOUS day - sunny and clear. First we stopped in a field to get a good view of a few Alpine peaks.








Then we drove to Grindelwald. It was such a cute quaint town with gorgeous views of the Eiger. This isn't the Eiger, just a cool mountain I liked.


This is the Eiger.

Eiger in the background


We can't wait to go back again!

1 comment:

likeschocolate said...

Fantastic photos! The day we went it was cloudy. We didn't take the boys with us because of the altitude and Roman's heart. Gorgeous none the less sunny or cloudy.