Wednesday, September 16th, 2009
Kelsey's 2nd Birthday
Kelsey woke up with THIS:


After breakfast, she built a "castle." She likes being the princess of her castle.










That night, we picked up Tally from work so he could celebrate with her before going to Young Men's. My mom called right as we got home so she got to celebrate over Skype with us and even took pictures from her computer! It was almost like she was here and I loved it. My mom, Tal's mom, and my grandma sent money for Kels (thank you!) so Kels and I went to the toy store earlier in the day and picked out some food for her kitchen. Luckily, she had forgotten about them and was so surprised when she opened them. Tal and I bought her a wooden kitchen and she has not stopped playing with it and all the wooden food since! The food is in pieces, stuck together with velcro. They come with a wooden knife and you can cut them and them put them back together. She's really great at it and loves cutting them, but isn't so good at putting them back. That's okay, I love playing with it too and don't mind putting them all back together, organizing them in her kitchen, and pretending to eat them with her. I should take a picture of all of them food, it's darling. I'm reliving my childhood.





I didn't make her a cake for this night because I was going to for her birthday party. I just bought this strawberry & cream roll that was really tasty. My mom & grandma sent the candles so I thought they would go well on this cake. Plus, one of the wooden food items was a roll cake like this. The face that Kelsey is making in the following picture is how she blows. She puts her top teeth on her bottom lip and blows. Funny kid. She was a bit scared of all the "fire" so Tal blew them out for her.


Finally, the next Wednesday, September 23rd, we had her birthday party even though two of her friends couldn't make it.
We started with the cupcake decorating. Someone wanted two party hats, which makes her look like she has horns! I also love that the tie on her shirt came undone and her shirt is falling down! Where is her mother?

Mariah

Joseph

Eva, helping me man the cupcake decorating

Kelsey, thrilled that everyone is singing to her. Don't look closely at the cake. It's crap. I need to take a cake decorating class. I have so many talented friends! It tasted good though (I think). Carrot cake made with wheat flour, maple syrup, agave syrup, applesauce...a bit undercooked but very moist, and semi-healthy.

Yum! She is actually eating her cupcake, I didn't let her dig in like her 1st birthday


Our new friend Mary who just moved here, sweet baby Tyler (who Kelsey loves to play with), and Roberta. We got to chat for a bit while the kids played.


Kelsey and the kids playing with all her new toys

I'm just glad we got to have a birthday party for her, despite all the sicknesses. Thanks for making it a fun day for her!



No comments:
Post a Comment