Friday, September 18, 2009

No Longer Two under Two


As of today, I have a two year old and a two month old. How fun is that? Sometimes fun, sometimes hard work! Kelsey can be sweet, too sweet, and sometimes mean.

Kelsey has been very sweet and good to Aiden lately. The other day I stopped and watched them interact for a few minutes. Kelsey was leaning over the swing talking to him and playing with his feet. He gave her the biggest smiles and cooed at her. I learned again the meaning of JOY.
I should have had Aiden in focus and Kelsey out, but it's hard to switch the focal point in the moment. I actually like the way her eyelashes look and if I spent time on it, I could make it look cool in photoshop. I love that she's touching his fingers and he looks content and happy...and he's looking at me.

When it was still sunny outside, we went to the beach with some friends. Kelsey didn't want to walk the 5 minutes to our house and didn't want to ride on the front of the stroller, so I let her ride in the bassinet. I didn't have the Baby Bjorn, so I curiously put Aiden in with Kels. She loved "holding" him. By the time I got home, both of them were asleep so I brought the bassinet (so heavy) up the stairs. They miraculously stayed asleep and took their afternoon nap like this. That was also JOY.
I love how he's "hugging" her and holding on to her dress. So sweet.
They were both so sweaty when they woke up, but so happy!



7 comments:

Holly said...

That is a crack up! My kids would never do that!!! :)

Jenna said...

So Cute!

Kristen said...

That is so sweet!

Mikaela said...

Love that you got a little reminder about "JOY", somedays it is hard to keep in perspective. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELS!!!!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Que dulces los dos ninos durmiendo juntos!!!! ellos son ecantadores!
me encantan las fotos!

kisses fron utrera

likeschocolate said...

Way to adorable! My favorite one is where Aidan is crying. I just think it is hilarious.

Unknown said...

Those last 2 pictures are so awesome. And I love your use of the big bucket. You create such amazing moments! Miss you guys.