My friend Eva took this pic of Kelsey pushing her son, Benjamin. Don't you love it!? We still call him Baby Benjamin, but he's walking now and not a baby anymore!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Some of our GS friends who came over for dinner
Doesn't that look delicious!? Well it was. Schoggi is chocolate in Swiss German.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - Zurich with Dayne & Steve
Thursday, June 11, 2009 - Zurich with Dayne & Steve
As I mentioned in another post, my friend Dayne and his friend Steve came to town. We went up to Zurich with them and had a nice time walking around.
The 4,000 CHF each chairs that Dayne and Steve had to take pictures of (they're industrial design guys). Kelsey just liked climbing on them to look in the mirror.
Taking time to stop and smell the roses. Love the flower shops in Zurich!
Eating lunch outside Grossmuenster
Wearing Dayne's glasses - she thought she was so cool!
Jumping off random things
Dayne & Kels in front of the awesome doors at Grossmuenster
Here we are walking around Zurich - thanks for the butt pic, Steve! It was nice to have some help keeping track of and holding Kelsey.
Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Farewell to Dianne
Our good friend Dianne (well, it's actually about 6 names but I couldn't spell let alone remember all of them) is leaving on Wednesday to move back to the Netherlands. She has been a great friend and babysitter (for temple trips) and we will miss her dearly.

Monday, June 15, 2009
Alyssa Barlow came to town with the kids for the week! This is why I love Alyssa. She called me mid Monday and asked if she and the kids could come for dinner - they'd had enough McDonalds. I had to laugh b/c I miss her "says it like it is" personality. I'm so glad she did call because it was so great to catch up and let the kids play. We are laid back and did easy spaghetti and then planned on roasting marshmallows by the lake. Unfortunately, the weather had other plans. As soon as we got the kids shoes and jackets on, it became a total downpour. So, the kids played in the rain for a bit. Terrible picture, probably the worst quality ever, but it's the memory that makes me put it up anyways. Alyssa, send me pics when you get back from Croatia! Hope you're having fun!

On Wednesday, we went to the pool with Alyssa & Rachel and the kids. We thoroughly enjoyed our five minutes of laying out and talking and our three plus hours of playing with the kids in the pool! Eli had a little vampire thing for Kelsey and bit him twice at our house and once at the pool (and attempted others). We think Kelsey must have been his "Bella." Ha, cheesy, we know. Kelsey referred to him as "baby bites," but still loved to play with him. If only we could teach her a nice way to fight back.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
My fabulous friends in Switzerland threw me and our two other pregnant friends a baby shower. It was so thoughtful of them, and a great reason to get together. The food was "Cafe Rio" (something so many of us MISS) and the ladies who cooked for it did a GREAT rendition of it. It was SO yummy and I was sad that my belly wouldn't allow me to eat more. Take note of the "Jessie Trademark - Winnie the Pooh undershirt."

Jumping off random things
Dayne & Kels in front of the awesome doors at Grossmuenster
Here we are walking around Zurich - thanks for the butt pic, Steve! It was nice to have some help keeping track of and holding Kelsey.
Saturday, June 13, 2009 - Farewell to Dianne
Our good friend Dianne (well, it's actually about 6 names but I couldn't spell let alone remember all of them) is leaving on Wednesday to move back to the Netherlands. She has been a great friend and babysitter (for temple trips) and we will miss her dearly.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Alyssa Barlow came to town with the kids for the week! This is why I love Alyssa. She called me mid Monday and asked if she and the kids could come for dinner - they'd had enough McDonalds. I had to laugh b/c I miss her "says it like it is" personality. I'm so glad she did call because it was so great to catch up and let the kids play. We are laid back and did easy spaghetti and then planned on roasting marshmallows by the lake. Unfortunately, the weather had other plans. As soon as we got the kids shoes and jackets on, it became a total downpour. So, the kids played in the rain for a bit. Terrible picture, probably the worst quality ever, but it's the memory that makes me put it up anyways. Alyssa, send me pics when you get back from Croatia! Hope you're having fun!
On Wednesday, we went to the pool with Alyssa & Rachel and the kids. We thoroughly enjoyed our five minutes of laying out and talking and our three plus hours of playing with the kids in the pool! Eli had a little vampire thing for Kelsey and bit him twice at our house and once at the pool (and attempted others). We think Kelsey must have been his "Bella." Ha, cheesy, we know. Kelsey referred to him as "baby bites," but still loved to play with him. If only we could teach her a nice way to fight back.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
My fabulous friends in Switzerland threw me and our two other pregnant friends a baby shower. It was so thoughtful of them, and a great reason to get together. The food was "Cafe Rio" (something so many of us MISS) and the ladies who cooked for it did a GREAT rendition of it. It was SO yummy and I was sad that my belly wouldn't allow me to eat more. Take note of the "Jessie Trademark - Winnie the Pooh undershirt."

(TOP: Erin Jackson, Emily Cook, Jenna Todd, Alyssa Barlow, Elisa Parry, Roberta Woolley, Eva Malm. Bottom: Ashley Shontz, Jessica Price, Rachel Mascaro, Jenny Tomlinson)
The fabulous shot above was not a one-take only shot. We had lots of laughs coming up with poses and squeezing the three pregos together. Out of this group, at least 3 will be leaving this summer, one already left two years ago, and one could be leaving end of July! We have such a good group of girls here and it's hard to have so many go at once.

Emily made this awesome diaper cake and I got to take it home! Thanks Em, as I took it apart I was figuring out how you did it!

Erin made these yummy cupcakes with marshmallow fondant...I think I ate THREE! Did anyone get a pic of these? Please send it to me!
Ashley's souvenir from Rome - the enviable green Prada purse! Great find!

Friday, June 19, 2009 - Getting Locked Out
On Friday around 4pm, I ran upstairs, down to the basement, back upstairs because I forgot something, and then shut the front door behind me on my way to pick up some photos. As soon as I shut the automatic-locking door, I knew the keys were inside. Seeing as both my neighbors and my husband work, I was just glad to have my phone on me. No problem, I'll call Tal and he can work the rest of the day from home, hopefully. No answer at Tal's work or cell. Okay, I'll call my friendly neighbor Melanie to see if she's on her way home because sometimes she comes home by 5pm. She's looking at apartments and wont be home until 7:30, which is AFTER the time I'm supposed to be showered, glamourous, and picking up my babysitter at the train station (whom I haven't been able to get ahold of all day). Finally I reach Tal who says he's on his way...in an hour. Okay, no worries that it is raining and Kels and I are hanging out in flip flops in our neighbor's garage (lucky they have it and we could use it). Tal calls back about 40 minutes later. He forgot his key at home today. Thanks for checking when I first called. So I call back my nice neighbor who said she would come home before looking at apartments, even though it was out of her way, if I needed her to. Since I waited 40 minutes, she was almost at her appointment and couldn't cancel now, but she would see what she could do. I resorted to calling and then texting my not as friendly neighbor who still hasn't replied. Finally, my wonderful neighbor Melanie called and said she pushed back her 2nd appointment and could be home at 6pm. I hated to agree to her coming all the way home, then back the 25 minute drive, but had no choice at this point. She was going to save me! Kels and I walked in the rain, took pictures, played/sang nursery rhymes, and found lots of spiders in the garage. At one point I had to pee so we walked across the street (luckily my neighbors kept an umbrella in the garage b/c by this point it was pouring) and into an office building where I didn't even have to ask if I could use the bathroom (in German). At 6pm, Kelsey was hungry and I was sick of sitting in her car seat in the garage (the only seat available, lucky I had it out after cleaning all the throw up out of it). My neighbor came home at 6:30 and we were finally saved! I was so grateful for her, and have a good thank you in the works. Any suggestions on where to leave a key?
Oh my gosh it's raining! Mom, I'm getting all wet!
Our Safe Haven

Mom, I am DONE being locked out!

Saturday, June 20, 2009
Our friends, the Tomlinsons, are moving from Switzerland to SLC next week and they had a farewell party at their house. This is a family who we thought would never leave Europe - and neither did they! But as life would have it, things always change. It's going to be a lot different without them and we will miss them so much! We will also miss get togethers at their awesome house in the middle of the beautiful Swiss countryside. Here are the three pregos who seemed to congregate around the FOOD! We were all craving smores!

Look at all these blond-haired, blue-eyed kids! Super heroes!

Here are the guys moving some of the big stuff: two couches & and armoire. The staircase was too narrow so the big stuff had to be moved out through the window. If this didn't work, they were going to have to pay 500 CHF to rent a lift for the day! Glad it worked and no one was crushed in the process.

Some things "My BIG Baby" has been up to:
Emily made this awesome diaper cake and I got to take it home! Thanks Em, as I took it apart I was figuring out how you did it!
Erin made these yummy cupcakes with marshmallow fondant...I think I ate THREE! Did anyone get a pic of these? Please send it to me!
Ashley's souvenir from Rome - the enviable green Prada purse! Great find!
Friday, June 19, 2009 - Getting Locked Out
On Friday around 4pm, I ran upstairs, down to the basement, back upstairs because I forgot something, and then shut the front door behind me on my way to pick up some photos. As soon as I shut the automatic-locking door, I knew the keys were inside. Seeing as both my neighbors and my husband work, I was just glad to have my phone on me. No problem, I'll call Tal and he can work the rest of the day from home, hopefully. No answer at Tal's work or cell. Okay, I'll call my friendly neighbor Melanie to see if she's on her way home because sometimes she comes home by 5pm. She's looking at apartments and wont be home until 7:30, which is AFTER the time I'm supposed to be showered, glamourous, and picking up my babysitter at the train station (whom I haven't been able to get ahold of all day). Finally I reach Tal who says he's on his way...in an hour. Okay, no worries that it is raining and Kels and I are hanging out in flip flops in our neighbor's garage (lucky they have it and we could use it). Tal calls back about 40 minutes later. He forgot his key at home today. Thanks for checking when I first called. So I call back my nice neighbor who said she would come home before looking at apartments, even though it was out of her way, if I needed her to. Since I waited 40 minutes, she was almost at her appointment and couldn't cancel now, but she would see what she could do. I resorted to calling and then texting my not as friendly neighbor who still hasn't replied. Finally, my wonderful neighbor Melanie called and said she pushed back her 2nd appointment and could be home at 6pm. I hated to agree to her coming all the way home, then back the 25 minute drive, but had no choice at this point. She was going to save me! Kels and I walked in the rain, took pictures, played/sang nursery rhymes, and found lots of spiders in the garage. At one point I had to pee so we walked across the street (luckily my neighbors kept an umbrella in the garage b/c by this point it was pouring) and into an office building where I didn't even have to ask if I could use the bathroom (in German). At 6pm, Kelsey was hungry and I was sick of sitting in her car seat in the garage (the only seat available, lucky I had it out after cleaning all the throw up out of it). My neighbor came home at 6:30 and we were finally saved! I was so grateful for her, and have a good thank you in the works. Any suggestions on where to leave a key?
Mom, I am DONE being locked out!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Our friends, the Tomlinsons, are moving from Switzerland to SLC next week and they had a farewell party at their house. This is a family who we thought would never leave Europe - and neither did they! But as life would have it, things always change. It's going to be a lot different without them and we will miss them so much! We will also miss get togethers at their awesome house in the middle of the beautiful Swiss countryside. Here are the three pregos who seemed to congregate around the FOOD! We were all craving smores!

Look at all these blond-haired, blue-eyed kids! Super heroes!

Here are the guys moving some of the big stuff: two couches & and armoire. The staircase was too narrow so the big stuff had to be moved out through the window. If this didn't work, they were going to have to pay 500 CHF to rent a lift for the day! Glad it worked and no one was crushed in the process.

Some things "My BIG Baby" has been up to:
My Sharptooth
Kelsey's first "sharp tooth" just came through and boy is it sharp! I pinned her down to get a few shots of it. She is getting really good at letting us brush her teeth. We say, "let's get the tomato out of there, what about the bread? and milk?" depending on what she's eaten of course. She'll usually give suggestions as well, like, "and milk? and applejuice?"
My Bookworm
My Sick BIG Baby
Poor thing was sick and throwing up two mornings in a row. This pic was taken after she threw up three times, the last one all over herself. She's zoned out watching cartoons and you can tell she doesn't feel well. It was weird though because after she ate again, she held the food down and seemed to be feeling fine. I'm glad it didn't last long.
My Helper
Starting the dishwasher is now her "chore." She loves the responsibility.
My Girly Girl (or jewelry thief)
I love her stance as she looks for more of my jewelry to put on her wrist
My "Schneckli" lover
Schneckli is snail in Swiss German and in nursery, they sing a little "schneckli" song. Kelsey loves the song, and the snails.
My Music Lover
I just got her this keyboard from my friend who is leaving and she loves putting different songs on and dancing to the music. She also likes to play the keys, but not as much as she likes pushing all the buttons.
Little Miss ABCs
Ignore the towel in front of her, it's in case she threw up.
3 comments:
I love the picture of all you guys at your shower. What a beautiful photo and what wonderful memories you will have. I am glad that you have found such wonderful friends there. How aweful to be locked out!!!! I am glad your neighbor came in the end. If you have the clear rubber bands used for little girls hair that always works best when making a diaper cake instead of tape, but tape works too. I have seen where they attach things like paci's and bottles and even roll up onesies in them. They are always a crowd pleaser.
You guys are always so busy! That sucks you got locked out, that happened to Chloe and I last summer- we spent an hour hanging in the car.
love how you document so much. can i just cut and paste your journaling and put it into my blog?...well, the ones relating to my family anyway! ; )
Post a Comment