Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Valentine's Remembered

Here are my favorites from my photo project I've been working on. Since she's dressed up in angel wings, I found it very fitting for the season. This shoot was not planned, in fact, the shirt she's wearing has pieces of food on it! Gross! We were just playing in her room one day and she wanted me to put the wings on her that my mom got her for Christmas. Once they were on, I grabbed my camera and I got a few priceless shots. I'm glad it was sunny enough - we've had so many sun-less days this winter.





Kelsey and I didn't have a V-day party or anything, but Tal and I got to go out on a hot date to the Zug Mongolian BBQ. It's been awhile since we've been out just the two of us since I was sick and all, and we enjoyed our dinner alone. We left Kels with a family in our ward that has a dog and she was in heaven. She didn't want to leave! I have a few pics to show from this, but it's late and Tal's already in bed.

P.S. To anyone who loves Skye Johansen or has heard of Project 52, I read her blog the other day and started it! I've been taking pictures of me and Kels - one every week - since the start of this month. It's a great idea for moms, spouses, EVERYONE! I think everyone should have at least a picture a week, or 52 pictures of themselves (with others or not) in a year. Why not? Memories people, memories. Now I just need to post what I've done.

Okay, I lied. I'm not in bed, I stayed up doing a few edits, and then a few more, and now I'm posting the relevant, edited photos. Like I said, Tal's in bed SLEEPING. Kels is SLEEPING. Why do I need to be sleeping too?


Here's the cooks at the HAN Mongolian BBQ. LAME that we did not get a picture of the two of us.


Tal did get this one of us before we left. Kelsey had a purse too (with hearts on it).

These are both with the P&S. You wont see too many of those for the end of Feb/early March. My P&S is making a trip to Vegas!

I was trying to get a picture of her on V-day in her "Lovebirds" shirt...can't really see the shirt but here's a few good ones (they looked a lot better before I exported out of Aperture, need to figure out why). I can't even remember what she was eating but those faces are priceless.

Look how crazy her hair was! It was after a nap.
Mom, seriously. PUT THE CAMERA DOWN!

9 comments:

Shari said...

How precious is she???? I can't wait til you live closer so we can enjoy her in person!!! Love you guys!!

likeschocolate said...

She is so precious!!! I especially love the photo "Give" and the way she has her hands out to each side. She is getting to be such a big girls and the curls in her hair-you just have to love them.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Jess, Kelsey is so beautiful!!! I love her blue eyes and her curly blond hair. The pictures you worked on are incredible! I wish you were closer so you could take some pics of Jay for me.

María Pérez Sánchez said...

OH!!!ESAS FOTOS SON PRECIOSAS! CADA DÍA ESTÁ MÁS BONITA. MEN ENCANTAN TODAS!!!
KISSES FROM SPAIN

Thomas Family said...

So dang cute! I just love the pictures you post of Kelsey. She's so gorgeous and you are very talented.

jessi said...

Your new photoshop capabilities look amazing. You have such a talent to figure out all of that technical stuff! I love the idea about photos with your children one time a week. Maybe I will have to experiment with doing that as well. I was trying to pick out Facebook pictures and all I could find was pictures of my children and not me!

Balagna Bunch said...

Wow! Great pics, Jess. You've got a future model on your hands there.

CJ said...

EVERYTHING about your baby girl is just stunning. I love the post-nap hair, blue eyes, chubby cheeks! She is beautiful, and I love what you did with her Valentine's day photos. They look great! I think 'give' and 'explore' are my faves!

mary said...

Jess, these pictures are seriously darling! I love them!!!! Want to come visit in May when I have a little girly around? I love Skye Johansen but I haven't checked her blog in ages because... um... I just can't keep up or spend that much time on the computer! So I couldn't really find the project 352 details... but I would like to know HOW you take a picture with you AND your kid once a week? Because Dave certainly doesn't work the camera around here...