Monday, November 19, 2007

Tagged: Me & My Other Half


I was tagged by my friend Ashley, so here goes. I tag anyone who hasn't done this in awhile. It ended up being fun!

What is his name? Talmadge Layton Price - yes, they are all towns in Utah, although that's not the reason he's named those names. His mom liked the name Talmadge and Layton is after his grandpa who is not from Utah and was not born LDS.

How long have you been together? We're coming up on our 5 year mark this summer.

Who eats more? It's a tie. Yep, I eat a lot and he doesn't eat that much for a guy.

Who said I love you first? He did :)

Who is taller? He beats me by almost a foot.

Who sings better? Neither one of us is very good but I love to sing. Once I made him sing a duet with me at our family gathering. It wasn't good, but maybe sweet? We sing to Kelsey all the time though. Tally makes up songs as he goes and he's actually really good at that.

Who is smarter? It depends on the subject. I'm better at German but he's smart about investments and math. I suck at math.

Who does the laundry? I do mostly now but he used to do it a lot when we both worked. He still brings it up from the basement for me sometimes (we share a laundry room with one other tenant who always leaves his boxers in the dryer).

Who does the dishes? Funny you should ask. He says that when we were dating I said I'd do the dishes and he'd vacuum. What really happened was that I said I prefered the dishes to vacuuming. HOWEVER, I did not agree to a lifetime of dishes. They need to be done at least 3x per day and vacuuming only happens 2x per week. However, I do end up doing the dishes most of the time but he mops the floors. I hate mopping.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Right or left doesn't matter for us. I always sleep next to the door. It used to be because I got up to go to the bathroom. Now it's convenient with the baby. So right now I sleep to Tally's right but we may switch our room around which would put me to the left.

Who pays the bills? He does. To pay bills here, you have to go to the bank and use a multimat machine where you put your bill in the machine and it takes it out of your account. It's pretty cool but I've actually never done it. I've only watched.

Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn and haven't our whole marriage! IF we did have a lawn he would do it.

Who cooks dinner? I usually come up with the idea and make sure we have all the food. I set it out and start before he gets home however with the baby, he usually ends up cooking the majority of it.

Who drives when you are together? He does, I prefer to be the passenger.

Who is more stubborn? He is. But I can be about certain things.

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? I am. He would say it's because he's always right but we all know that's not true.

Whose parents do you see the most? When we lived in Salt Lake we lived with his parents for a time and then right down the street however since we moved to Switzerland, we've seen my sister, cousin & parents.

Who kissed who first? Tally, on the second or third "hang out" after tutoring me in Spanish. After he left, I ran and slid across the kitchen floor and into my awaiting roommates. It was comical.

Who proposed? He did on Easter weekend with an "egg hunt." We ended up at a mountain peak in Provo and it was very romantic. It's one of the few times I've seen Tally emotional.

Who is more sensitive? I am. See above.

Who has more siblings? He does by 2. He's the youngest of 5, I'm the oldest of 3.

Who wears the pants in the family? It depends what it's about. I take charge about the house, he's in charge of finances. Like Sandra, we each have a leg and walk side by side.

2 comments:

berrymom said...

That was a lot of fun to read! I feel like I know Tally a lot better now.

ryan said...

Reading this brought back some great Provo and SLC memories. We can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.