Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!



Although Halloween is celebrated in Switzerland, it's not a huge deal. They don't really have decorations you can buy from the store, no one (but the Americans) puts gravestones in their front yards, and kids don't really go trick-or-treating.

However, last Saturday, the Americans put on a Halloween activity for kids for anyone who wanted to come. I did a booth with my friend Jessi doing "Spooky Prints" where the kids could put their thumb on the ink pad, stamp it on a page, and then make a spider or pumpkin out of it. It turned out pretty cute. Kelsey let her friend Emily borrow her cow costume and she went with her pink nurse outfit so she could match her mom ;). She actually slept through the whole event - she sleeps better with noise.

Here's some of our festive friends
 
Posted by Picasa


Last night for Halloween since I knew we wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters, Kels & I went to Young Men/Young Womens with Tally (he teaches the 12-18 year old boys at church and this is their activity night). Kelsey got to wear her cow costume and the kids thought she was pretty cute. We watched them carve pumpkins and make scary looking spaghetti & Rice Krispie Treats.
 
Posted by Picasa


Here's Kelsey trying on different costumes to see which one she likes best.
Swiss cow (she's missing the bell)

Swiss Princess

Miss Piggy

5 comments:

Holly said...

The picture of her swiss outfit is a total crack up! I love it!!!

Kristen said...

I would have to agree with whoever that is - I love the Swiss Princess! I also have a question for you, Jess. My parents are going to Germany next week but they're first flying in to Zurich and spending Sat/Sun there. I told them you live there (or near there?). Do you know of an English-speaking ward they can go to? Do you all go to an English ward? If you know of one, can you give me the address so I can pass it along to them? Thanks!

AshleyS said...

you guys are having so much fun! i want to meet little kelsey SO bad. hurry home :-(

Ally said...

I love the Swiss princess!!!

Hey - I sent a little something something for Miss Kelsey in the post today. I hope she enjoys and I will come to babysit soon so I can see her smile and giggle - and cry - as I didn't see her cry yet.

Shontz Family said...

yeah...we made the blog! great pictures, and i LOVE the collage!