Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving...2 Days Late


As Thanksgiving is an American holiday, it is not celebrated here in Switzerland. However, that doesn't stop the American's here from going all out. And this year, around 60 people RSVP'd. I did a turkey, yams for 12, and 2 pumpkin pies. After about 10 hours of straight cooking, even our oven was tired. I cooked the yams last and somehow, they didn't turn out. I must have missed a step - but oh well - we had one of the turkeys and had to leave. I put Kelsey in her new Thanksgiving dress and adorable Janie & Jack shoes. Then as I went to put her in the car seat and I hear a big rumble down under if you know what I mean. I went to change her and it was record-breaking explosion of poo, all over her perfectly planned outfit. I changed her, salvaged the dress and off we went. Tal handed me the yams to hold in the car so they didn't spill. About 10 minutes from home, we went up a hill and I suddenly felt warm, sticky liquid creeping up my leg and around my butt. Fortunately or unfortunately, our friend Josh had forgotten to go to the store to bring his butter and jam so we stopped along the way and I managed to find paper towels in the men's bathroom (that's because not a lot of men here wash their hands - gross!). It was a hectic start to our Thanksgiving feast but I couldn't have done it without Tally. He even stayed up until 3am to take the last pie out of the oven. Lucky for him the BYU Basketball game was on. Anyway, we had a button-popping good meal and had a really good time hanging out with our friends here.

This is only part of the line of people. Our friend Jenny put this whole thing together and we had it at a school cafeteria.

Now you might say a good nap was in store after this crazy turkey feast but instead, we got all hyped up for the BYU GAME!! We left the school and went over to our friends house to watch. Tally brought our laptop with Slingbox and we hooked it up. About 20 people came over after the dinner and we fully invaded their house! It was fun to cheer on the Cougs with a crowd of fans. We only had one Ute at the party but deep down he bleeds blue so he was allowed to come. :) It was a painful game to watch until the last 5 minutes. I about to go into depression mode when Kelsey woke up. I went in one of the bedrooms to feed her and I came out to everyone cheering! I ran out to see BYU pull ahead and make the game-winning touchdown. It was a wonderful sight to behold. Once again, Kelsey cried when everyone cheered but she'll get used to it ;).


Tal and "Kelso," Tally's little boy.

Some of the guys anxiously waiting for the game to begin

Kelsey and Matthew. One day she'll be swooning over him...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! GO COUGS! Wasn't that a great game? We were freaking out in the last 5 minutes too. I'm so excited that we're moving to Germany soon so we can see you! We'll definitely plan a trip in January after you get back. By the way, I love Kelsey's "true blue" onsie. It's perfect. We definitely need to brain wash them early. Are you so happy to be going home soon?

lyn said...

I love the look on little Matthew's face with Kels screaming next to him. He's so going to be a great hubby some day...he just rolls his eyes and keeps his mouth shut as the woman freaks out. Not that Ryan ever has anything to roll his eyes about! LOL

AshleyS said...

sounds like you had a craxy thanksgiving like we did! Kelsey looks so cute in her BYU blue. Love it! Do you know when the shower is going ot be yet?