Besides Aubrey & Abram's Birthdays, the best thing to celebrate on August 1st is Switzerland's birthday. We went to our local Strandbad Burger in our Swiss red (NOT Utah red) to celebrate with our friends Heinz & Vreni (sp?). They're always at the Badi and Kelsey loves them. So do I. Frennie will hold Aiden while Heinz takes Kelsey in the water - it's great! They are Swiss and are great to practice my German with since they don't speak English. It was a fun family day in the sun (well, half of us stayed in the shade).
Hopp Schwiiz!
Our friends the Ruetz family gave us a baby present for Aiden - this outfit, size 6 months. Since Kelsey loves opening presents, I let her open it and she proceeded to put it on. She has some help of course, and I thought it looked so funny! I can't believe it semi fits her. I washed an dried it so I think it's back to a 6 month size. I think Kels looks like a little Swiss garden gnome.
5 comments:
How can I love that princess so much? ? ? I love her garden gnome pictures! Hopp Schwiiz! I am so glad to be able to meet Vreni and Heinz - they are so sweet and love your family!
I love the gnome pictures of Kelsey! Adorable. I am pretty sure that I was with you last summer when you first encountered Heinz. We were a little unsure about him them. So great you have found some Swiss "grandparents"!
So so adorable. Thanks for the card. It was a nice surprize in the mail since usually I only get bills. I am glad all is going well for you guys.
Jenna - Thanks for the Vreni spelling - I almost called to ask you before posting!
Jessi - YES! Totally unsure at first but met his wife and two kids this year and now alles gut
Kelleyn - wish you were here to celebrate Swiss Day with us!
Jess-miss you guys so much!!! Can't wait to meet Aiden! Start making hats, super easy and totally useful for babies. I have a pattern for an adoreable cable-knit one, you should try it. Let me know if you want it!
Post a Comment