WARNING! PICTURE OVERLOAD!
My SIL had this warning on her blog and I thought I should adopt it as well.
Except it may get redundant.
I need an editor.
Cuddling with Mimi (grandma). I wasn't sure how she would take to my mom since she hadn't seen her in awhile. Well, no worries there. She cuddled right up and let my mom just hold her and take care of her when I was in the hospital. This pic is from the first day my mom got into town.
Bedtime Stories

While I was in the hospital, my mom took Kelsey to the beach almost every day. Here are her pictures with the friends she made (our friends too).
Thalwil, Switzerland
We took a walk to one of our favorite parks. This is a steep hill so my mom and I pushed the stroller together.

This is a common activity in my daily life. Chasing after Krazy Kelsey!


The View from the top - this is what should have been in the background behind my mom but was blown out. I only had the P&S with me.

I'm not sure he likes all this attention

I'm not sure he likes all this attention
Feeding the Swiss cows

Lenzburg Castle
Playing "kokoos" with Grammie in the little huts. This must have been where the commoners lived ;).
The Castle Guards
It really was like stepping back in time. I guess they have a "festival" on Saturdays where everyone dresses up and shows what life might have been like back in the day. The picture on the bottom right is of the dragon. Kelsey was curious, but mostly freaked out by it.




Cool bridge

One tired little princess

Bern, Switzerland

We stopped by the temple to show my mom and to snap a family photo. Once we got into the city of Bern, Kelsey wouldn't leave the crown in the car. 










These letters spell out Fuer Werk or "Fire Work" (my mom guessed it, she's so good at German). Here's Kelsey telling us what letters these are. Tal & Kels played hide and seek between letters. Too fun.

Kels looking at all the fish and ducks in the water below



Princess ruling on her throne
A gust of wind blew the away
Many tears were shed
Until a nice lady made her day
One month later, she's STILL wearing it! Just yesterday she wore it to the beach. Imagine her in just swim bottoms, pink crocs and a pink princess crown - too cute. And she picked it.

Funny story here...
So we were walking to Einstein's old house and Tal turns to me and says, "okay, do you know where it is since you wanted to go to it?" He was literally standing where he is for this picture and I just busted up laughing. "Honey, you're standing right in front of it." I'm glad it was him, not me.

A close-up of my sweet babe

I set Aiden down in the stroller next to Kels for a minute and he stayed asleep. Kels loves being next to him.

Kelsey watching the clock chime and the little man go in a circle. It really wasn't all that exciting.


Rapperswil, Switzerland

Aiden, enjoying the view...

...of the back of his eyelids!
Everyone kept saying there was no way my mom could be my mom, that she must be my sister. Seriously, I heard it over and over this trip. My mom is such a babe.

Such a good little helper
Rhinefalls, Switzerland
The hot grandma with her grandbabies. It was SO hot this day and we were melting.

We got someone to take a pic for us


Zurich, Switzerland
Our favorite little pizza joint, Grottino 85. The pizza man makes your pizza right in front of you and you get to choose what goes on it. He made this one for Kelsey...and told my mom when to take the picture - like we need a picture of pizza dough! Then we forgot to get a pic of the final product, which leave you to imagine what it must have looked like.

Thalwil, Switzerland
Kelsey took this pic of my mom - she'll love this

Saying goodbye to Mimi at the airport. I bawled my eyes out all the way home.

Thanks again, mom! I loved having you here and wish you could have stayed even longer. Thank you for taking your two weeks off for me.
How does a child ever repay their mother for all that they do from infancy through adulthood?








7 comments:
What a lovely post full of pics. I am crying just reading and looking at it. I miss your Mom but I know how much you loved her being here and miss her!
Loved all the photos! Now we know where Kelsey gets all her curls. How wonderful to be able to have your mom by your for two weeks.
So Cute. I can't believe how many letter Kels knows . . . Carter doesn't even know all his letters yet! Miss you guys like crazy!
Loved all the pictures. What a great journal of all the places you've been and all the things you've seen.We are very grateful we can see the growth of your children through your blogging. Love to you all Grandma
so cute! Your mom is a babe and I hear it all the time that my mom is my sister too! You look great! Two kids looks nice on you! You give me hope that it's not too hard to tackle. I love your mom!
Jess, your mom totally is a babe, just like you!! And seriously, you look great (I don't lie and tell people that when they don't, I just skip the subject so you know I am telling the truth) Tal, I LOVE that you will wear the bjorn in public. Dan ONLY uses it on hikes by himself otherwise I get the lucky job. i am sure he would claim it is okay for you to since it's a european thing anyway, but you look just as fabulous as the gender-confused guy on the box (Totally kidding!! You look like a great daddy is all!) Miss you guys and glad your mom takes such great care of you!
Mikaela, that's hilarious that you pointed out the Bjorn thing. It's his first time wearing it - I always did with Kelsey! This time, I asked him to since it was so soon after the birth. Plus, the setting the bjorn was on wouldn't fit around my waist yet!
Post a Comment