Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Music to my Ears

Tonight Kelsey finally said "mama!" She said it once in my German class LAST Monday, but I thought it was a fluke. After tonight, there was no mistaking. I tried to get it on camera, but of course, she wouldn't perform. She would only say "Baba, " which is also new as of tonight. Sometimes it even sounds like "Papa" or when she waves and says it, it sounds/looks like she's saying "bye bye." Here's a clip of one of the first times she said "Baba."



I'm determined to get one of her saying "mama" so stay tuned...

6 comments:

Shari said...

Oh my gosh!! SOOOOOOOO cute even if she didn't say what you wanted!! I love you all!!!! XOXOXO

Balagna Bunch said...

What a cutie. I love her little voice. Love you guys!

Holly said...

Oh my gosh. She reminds me so much of Emri at that age. We looked back at pictures the other day and decided that 6-12 months were our favorite ages. Blowing raspberries, squealing, talking, happy cheese faces, etc. Oh she is so cute!

CJ said...

Hooray for Kelsey! Georgia did not say "mommy" or "mama" or any form of that until about 3 months before she turned 2! Crazy, huh. Before that she just called me "baby" because that's what I called her.

jessi said...

Kelsey is getting to be such a big girl! Sounds like she is really figuring out all of her bilabial sounds. :) jessi, the speech therapist

April said...

Ain't it always the way? They never seem to "perform" when we are ready for it. Oh well. Cute anyway!