Tuesday, June 10, 2008

All In the GS Family


Tally's work had a Community Team Works day today. For this event, he gets to take the day off to do community service with his co-workers. We went to a handicapped children's school and put on a carnival for them. Tal & our friend Josh were in charge and I was surprised by how organized it was, considering the language barrier. Kelsey and I came along to help out. I don't know how much help we were, but the kids sure loved her! And I think she had fun with them too. It was hot outside, especially running around with the kids. We played catch, bubbles, bouncy castle, did face painting, coloring, gave out prizes, served lunch & dessert, hung out with the clown, and had a great time with the kids. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day. We couldn't resist turning one of her shirts into a Community Team Works 2008 shirt like ours.
Fast Friends
Buddies
Look at all these fun friends I can play with!

Tally playing sports with the boys
Now how can I hold all the pins at once?

They even hired a clown for the day. Normally I'm not too keen on clowns but she gave me a whole new perception of clowns. Not so scary once you get to know them!
All Tuckered Out
What a fun day!

It was a lot of fun, but by the end of the day we were exhausted. We took a train, a tram, a bus to get there and the same on the way back - and then our car to get home from the train station. Kelsey loves the outdoors and traveling (and long walks on the beach, right?) so I think she was thrilled with the day. I don't think she cried once!

4 comments:

Em said...

What a wonderful service project. The kids looked so happy to have you there! You guys are awesome.

Balagna Bunch said...

That is a really cool thing to do. It looked like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

How wonderful! You guys are awesome. Kelsey is SOOOOOOO cute in all those pictures. I especially love the last one with the hat on her head. As you know, I think she's the cutest little girl in the world. We miss you! We had fun watching the video of Kels. Jay especially liked it. We can't wait to hear mama! - and Tally quit trying to distract her by saying dada!!!

berrymom said...

What a fun thing to do. I love that you aren't afraid to get out and do things with your baby. You are awesome!