On our way to Belgium we stopped in Strasbourg, France. It was a charming town where the people spoke both French & German. Since it was May 1st, a European holiday, many shops were closed and there were protesters. We stopped and bought a beautiful ornament that will probably be too heavy for our tree and a postcard of course. Since it was a sunny day, we decided to leave our coats in the car and we regretted it ever since. It was fine if you stood in the sun but walking through the narrow cobblestone streets - we were freezing! Luckily we had a blanket for Kels and her rain cover on her stroller to block the wind. Little did we know we would hardly need a coat the rest of the trip.
We went inside the cathedral and while I was off taking pictures, I noticed the priest talking to Kels & Tal. Kelsey seemed to like him.

There is no end to strange art in Europe.

A classic French looking candy store

Tally testing out the giant keg.
Traveling in style!
Then it was off to another four hours of driving...next stop, Brussels!
5 comments:
Gosh Jess. You have got to be the luckiest gal around. Those are all the places I'd like to see some day. My dad served in Brussels and talks about the yummy food there. Well, at least crepes and fries!
Sounds like such a fun, but exhausting trip! I can't wait to see more pictures. What kind of work are you doing from home now?
Jess, I love hearing about all of your adventures! You have such a darling little famiy! Hope you are doing well!
Laurie
What a pretty place! I'm glad I was able to see the pictures you took since we won't make it there.
Jess, I couldn't believe you seriously went to all these places... but here were all the pictures to document it! What an amazing trip! I couldn't tell you what place I liked most. Seriously, this will be an experience to remember forever. Wow!
Post a Comment