Monday, March 17, 2008

One Year Ago...Switzerland Or Bust!


Today is the lovely day that we flew from London to Zurich, one year ago. It seems crazy to think we've been here that long and there's so much left to do! We have several trips planned, but we're figuring out there are just too many places to go in only a few short years. We are taking advantage of this year - with at least one trip every month. Tally will be taking the GMAT on April 10 (so wish him luck) and then we will be heading out to explore.
How's our German? Well, we're not nearly as far along as we'd like to be but then again I should be studying right now and I'm doing this instead. Does that paint a clear picture as to why I still can't speak it? I'm taking classes again once a week and Tal will start again after the GMAT.

Even though we've been here a year, I just tried the famous Swiss dish called Raclette. We had a Girls Night Out on Friday and we all brought ingredients to make a mouthwatering meal. It was fun to have a lot of the girls together to eat, talk and play games.





On Saturday, we took a break from studying for the GMAT and went to a nearby town called Halbinsel Au. It translates to "half island" because it juts out into the lake. It's really pretty with lots of greenery and great views of the Alps. We couldn't walk around much because of gimpy (me) but at least we got to get out and look around. Kelsey thought it was pretty view as well. Below is a house that looks like a house we almost moved into. Would have been cool, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys just left and I miss you already! It was so fun to have you come here. I love that we get along so well and enjoy so many of the same things. Sorry we distracted Tally a little too much and cut into his study time :( I guess it will be on our heads if he doesn't get into the business school of his choice! I'm so glad you moved to Switzerland a year ago. I've said it before, but what are the chances of us both living in Europe at the same time? And within a short driving distance now? Pretty lucky. Hope you guys haven't caught too much snow on the road. Talk to you soon!

jessicalangprice said...

Hey, thanks for leaving me a comment :). If Tal doesn't get into the B-school of choice, maybe it's for the better. Maybe the guys can get into the same school. Thanks for taking such good care of us and showing us so many wonderful places! Can't wait until next time...

Thomas Family said...

I LOVE your blog. It keeps me so updated on everything going on out there. I recognized my old grill for the raclette and Alyssa's old place in your pictures. Tell all the other girls I miss them and keep up on those Girls' Nights Out! Kelsie is just gorgeous and you have such a talent with the camera. Just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog and keep up the good work. Take care!