Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Priceless Time in Utah

We arrived late Saturday night to a blanket of snow and went right to bed. Sunday, was a busy day. We went to church, then to the Spencer's house to see Ash & Wes & Hailey and Drea, Spence and their new little guy, Jameson. It was great to see them. It was also funny because Ashley announced she was pregnant as soon as we got there. I laughed and told her so was I. It turns out we have the SAME due date of July 12th. What are the chances!?
Hailey giving Kelsey a hug. Kelsey is a little unsure.
Then we went over to Holly's parents' house to see her, Emri & new baby Katie. We were only there 10-15 minutes before they had to go to church, but I'm still glad we got to see them.
Kelsey fell asleep in the car, and stayed asleep while we were there.
She woke up as soon as we put her in the car. We borrowed this car seat from Mary Jane and we never could quite figure out how it worked. Kelsey doesn't look too happy about it.
Baby Spencer
That night, Camie & Ryan and Tim & Jade (Tal's mission companion and wife) came over for dinner. We got to see brand-new baby Spencer and Kelsey was ENTHRALLED. We also told everyone our good news with Kelsey's t-shirt "A Little Bird told me I'm going to be a BIG SISTER!" Ryan figured it out first and everyone was happy for us. It means Spencer and our baby will only be 6 months apart. It's always fun to have cousins around the same age.


Tally checking out the new iTouch, which gave me a great gift idea for him :). These two are best buds and managed to hang out 3-4 times in the short time we were there. They also had us over for dinner one night which would have been great fun if I weren't so sick! Jade took good care of me though. We hope they get to come visit us in Zurich!
Taft, Mary, and the girls came over for dessert and it was amazing to see how much the girls had grown! Look how tall Edie is!? She liked taking care of Kelsey.
It was a fun-filled day, but somebody was all tuckered out. I thought this pic of her cuddling this stuffed dog was quite cute. She's a little spooner like her mom.

Time with Oma
Brent was spent a lot of time reading and playing with Kelsey. She has always liked being called Oma and now that we're in Switzerland, speaking German, the name fits perfectly.


Reading with Dad & Oma - that's her "surprised" look.

Snow Angels with Dad

I don't think she liked that it was SNOWING on her face!
My hands are FREEZING
Mom, I can't believe you let that happen to me
An afternoon with Tiff and the girls
Kelsey giving Sadie a hug
Hurry, they're all looking at the camera!
Ellie is a riot! Apparently it was lots of fun to hold Kelsey like this
We were out to lunch or dinner with friends almost every day we were in Utah (one time even breakfast). Unfortunately, I did not have the presence of mind or was not feeling good enough to take pictures every time, but sometimes I happened to remember.

The Bennetts
Brody was almost as big as Kelsey! And here I was picturing a littler baby. He's so adorable and the two of them were swapping cups in no time! They look like they could be twins in this pic. We were glad we got to see them - they left for vacay the day after we met up so it was perfect. Thanks guys for driving up to meet us! It was fun to catch up.



Snow day with Colton & Carter!
One day Cam, Ry and the boys came up and the boys + Kelsey went outside and built a sled ramp, fort, Matterhorn, etc. Tal & Ryan buried Kelsey to her chest (allowing her arms to be free) and she didn't mind a bit. Tal wore his favorite hat (it was in his parents coat closet, I guess it was his mom's in college. He thought it would be fun to sport it. Too bad Ryan thought he'd turned all European on him).
The Snow Crew
Zermatt and the Matterhorn
Laughing with Colton
Burying Kelsey
Then Kelsey tried sledding... (sorry the pics are so bad, you can't tell but it was dark by this point and I didn't have my flash outside with me).

By looking at her face, you wouldn't know but she LOVED it. We had a really hard time bringing her in.
More time with baby Spencer

Dinner with the Murray Langs
Chowing down on Cafe Rio
Justin, trying to become Kelsey's favorite
Uncle Rob made Kelsey a PB&J when she didn't eat much Cafe Rio - he must be an experienced Grandpa!
Cuddling with Clare
Zoe, Libby, Sammy, Austin, Allison & Tyler come to town!
Libby and Zoe ran around and played with her until 12:30 pm the night they got there!
My amazingly talented sister-in-law, Allison, also made time to do my hair which I was SO grateful for! I still have not had my hair done in Switzerland, so it had gotten pretty bad.
I love what you did to it!

Hanging out with the girls

Kelsey was SO grumpy the morning after her late-night party. Zoe took good care of her when giving her a bath (with Libby), but she was beyond tired. She went back to bed after only an hour of being awake. Then after about a 3 hour nap, she was ready to face the world again.

Entertainment and catering at every meal
Lots of laughs!
Christmas Celebration in Park City
Every year (whether on Christmas Eve or before), Taft & Mary invite us to celebrate at their place. We do dinner together and a gift exchange (we swap names a few months before). Santa always makes sure the kids get coordinating Christmas nighties and much more! The kids love getting to run around and play with each other and their new toys. The big cousins helped Kelsey put on her Christmas nighties and I think she loved the attention.

Edie feeding Kelsey dessert
Kelsey was getting tired by the time we opened presents and she wouldn't let anyone but Taft hold her! So, he helped her open all her presents.
Barney movies from Oma - thanks Oma!
The plate we brought from Italy for Brent & Lee
Kelsey loved their real-looking toy horse. It even made neighing noises and moved its head.
Price cousins, minus the Millers (wish you could have been there - at least we got to see you!)

Sledding with Libby & Zoe
First with Zoe
Now with Libby
Crazy ride!
Then by herself...
...again and again...
Close-up

Woah. That was COOL.
We spent almost 10 days in Utah and yet it was still too short. I hate that I was sick a lot of the time, but it was also great to have the help when I needed it most. We wish we could have spent more time there and spent more time with family and friends.

4 comments:

Holly said...

It will be fun when you come home and we can hang out more than 15 minutes. Kelsey is soooo cute and I'm so glad I got to see her (and you guys, of course.) Her snowsuit just cracks me up by the way!!!

jessi said...

What a fun trip filled with family. Wow, lots of babies and babies on the way it sounds like! I love how affectionate Kelsey is and that you capture it so nicely in photos.

lyn said...

it is so good to see pics of the "legrande" family! i just love the close up shot of kels sledding, sliding...whatever its called - i'm from texas we don't do that. lol ;) anyway, it's a great shot, i just love her big grin!

Unknown said...

Wow Jess you've been BUSY!!! I'm amazed by all the work you've done on your blog. The pictures are great! I especially love the ones of Kelsey in her snow suite. She looks like a little pink marshmellow. That girl is still the most beautiful little girl I know. Love you!