Kelsey's Visit with Santa
Jenna and Kelsey waiting in line to see Santa

The carolers singing to the people in line

First, she's not so sure. Plus, it was 3pm and still no nap

Who is this guy?

AH! I don't like this one bit!
Now when she sees these pictures, she says "HO-HO-HO"
I wish she had liked him when I was taking her picture!

Christmas Eve at Cheesecake Factory
We've never eaten out for Christmas Eve but since there were so few of us this year, we decided to try something new. It was a lot of fun and best of all, NO CLEAN-UP!

She kept us and all the customers around her entertained

My grandma & grandpa Lang

Grandma Nanoo & Julia



Licking the pie off the plate



Family fun
Christmas Eve Family PicturesWe have a tradition of reading Luke 2 before opening presents. At 8am, Kelsey was still asleep but Grandma & Grandpa were there and I was anxious (I still get that way, couldn't sleep the night before). We read without her and then woke her up.


The first present she saw from Santa was a BIG hit. She ran right over to her triplet babies and as almost crying wanting them out of the box. She wasn't happy until they were all 3 in her arms. And that's where they stayed almost the entire morning. I ended up having to hide one or two just so she would have a free arm now and then.




Grammie & Julia looking through the "Reflections of Christ" book Tal & I got for Grammie & Gma & Gpa Lang. It's portraits of Christ's life done by Mark Mabrey. I got one for me too.










There's the beauty sleeper

Woah, fire
The first present she saw from Santa was a BIG hit. She ran right over to her triplet babies and as almost crying wanting them out of the box. She wasn't happy until they were all 3 in her arms. And that's where they stayed almost the entire morning. I ended up having to hide one or two just so she would have a free arm now and then.
So happy!

And yet, so sleepy!

PJs from Grammie Nanoo - SO cute!

Boring clothes - I, on the other hand, was really excited about this!
Grammie & Julia looking through the "Reflections of Christ" book Tal & I got for Grammie & Gma & Gpa Lang. It's portraits of Christ's life done by Mark Mabrey. I got one for me too.
Who's the center of attention?

Santa's little helper

I led Tal on a scavenger hunt to find his present (yes, the bandana was part of the hunt)
On a side note, the picture in this picture is called "Villa del Como" and it was painted by my Grandma Nanoo. Isn't she SO talented!? I wish I had a house for her to paint me a picture!

The end of the hunt - it's an iTOUCH! It's his favorite toy now.

Nursery rhymes with Grammie

She loved this Silent Night book from Gma Lang. It lights up and sings.

Watching Sponge Bob with Grammie & Grampie

Our Christmas Angel

For Christmas Eve pajamas, Tal and I got "Life is Good" shirts for everyone.
We wanted to show that LIFE IS GOOD!

Playing with Dad

She had more fun with the box than with some of her presents!

Kisses or surprised?


Stealing Kisses
While Kelsey modeled her new outfit from my mom, my mom & Julia bribed her with a few treats so I could get some kissy pictures.




















We visited our family friend, Timmy, who is currently undergoing treatments for Leukemia. You can read more about his story here. Extra prayers on his behalf would be much appreciated! He's been doing a bit better the past few days, which is really exciting.

She absolutely LOVED my parents' new tub. She would try to push the button for the bubbles and got about as excited as I've ever seen her when they turned on. Here it looks like she's not the only one being entertained.

It did my heart well to see Grammie and to have her meet Kelsey. It's never enough time, but we were glad to have the time we did have. Grammie took care of me and cleaned up after my meals and took care of Kelsey when I wasn't feeling good. I hope we get to make it to Arkansas soon to visit her and the rest of our family.





Christmas Dinner at Grandma Lang's
Amber with James & Kelsey (3 weeks apart)

Watson boys serenading us to tears (happy tears)

The fam presenting Grandma & Grandpa with the box of all our notes to them.

They were so happy and had read all the notes (around 40 each) by the next day.
I was going to slip one in for Grandpa (I had left that ONE at home) and Grandma asked me where mine was for Grandpa the next day. BUSTED!

Caitlin, Robert & Kelsey tickling the ivories

Me and my cousin, Shannon
She's been my best friend since SHE was born (she's younger) and it was fun to hang out for a bit. She even drove up another day from San Diego and since I was sick, we just sat on the couch and talked. I love how no matter how much time passes and how much changes, when we get together it's like nothing has changed.

Kelsey LOVED that Madison was pushing her around the house!

Madison, James & Kelsey

Hollywood with the Miller Crew
We didn't get to see the Miller crew in Utah, but we were able to meet up with them the day after Christmas in Hollywood. They went to all the amusement parks over Christmas before they headed to Utah so we were glad we were close! We didn't get to hang out long, but it was great to see Chi, Pais, and the kids. The grow so fast.
I was too short to get the Hollywood sign in the background

The Miller Band - they make up quite a good Rock Band!

HOLLYWOOD SIGN

Hollywood Stars - we managed to find one of her favorites, Walt Disney

The oldest cousin, Madison with the 2nd to youngest, Kelsey

Friends
Girls lunch to celebrate baby Lilah

My high-school friends "The 4 Amigas" with Chelsea's new baby, Lilah
I was so excited to be in town when she blessed the baby.
It's always a good feeling to be around old friends.

Emily, Kelsey & Baby Lilah
We visited our family friend, Timmy, who is currently undergoing treatments for Leukemia. You can read more about his story here. Extra prayers on his behalf would be much appreciated! He's been doing a bit better the past few days, which is really exciting.
My friend Tammy also came over and we got to catch up for a few hours on Sunday. I'm an airhead and forgot to get a picture, but it meant a lot to me that she came up to visit me. Whenever we get together, you can guarantee some laughs.
Grandma Nanoo Time
Kisses for Grammie
She absolutely LOVED my parents' new tub. She would try to push the button for the bubbles and got about as excited as I've ever seen her when they turned on. Here it looks like she's not the only one being entertained.
Grammie feeding Kelsey...mmm
It did my heart well to see Grammie and to have her meet Kelsey. It's never enough time, but we were glad to have the time we did have. Grammie took care of me and cleaned up after my meals and took care of Kelsey when I wasn't feeling good. I hope we get to make it to Arkansas soon to visit her and the rest of our family.


4 comments:
I got to help Mark with his exhibit when he came to our stake center. He also gave a fireside and told about how he felt like he had to change his life in order to do this project.
Very cool guy. Young too!
I am glad your Grandma is feeling better. Yeah Kels got a baby doll for Christmas. I love her Christmas dress and the way she licked all the way around her lips for the delicious treat at the Cheesecake Factory. Hope you are feeling well.
What a fun post. I love that kissing picture trick -- you never would know! And Kelsey looks so cute and tired on Christmas morning!! I love it.
Got your Christmas card today, and it's the first Christmas card I've ever received in February, and I LOVED it!! The pictures are so neat, as expected. that one of you guys in the Alps is seriously awesome.
Anyway, fun times...
AND... I need to tell you congratulations on baby number two! I know it probably sounds crazy, but you are going to LOVE two kids. David and Hyrum are 22 months apart, and I have absolutely LOVED it. It is the best spacing ever! They are truly the best of friends. Most of the time I swear two kids is easier than one... they play together so well. I am SO excited for you and hope you get feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment