Saturday, November 01, 2008

Josh Jensen and Halloween

We met Josh Jensen (one of Tally's childhood friends) and his friends in Luzern while they were on their European dream vacation. They started in France and ended in Italy, which created the perfect opportunity to see them. After several plans, we decided the best and easiest for all would be to meet up in Luzern. It is one of our favorite Swiss cities (can you tell?). We were just glad to be able to see Josh, even if it was only for a couple of hours. Well, at least Tally and I were glad to see Josh!
Daddy had to calm her down. We think it was the beanie, but maybe it was just Josh ;)
All better!
Walking across the famous Chapel Bridge in Luzern.
Good 'ol friends, no matter where we are
It was a bit foggy, but still beautiful. There were a lot of local markets set up on either side of the bridge which added that extra taste of Swiss culture.

The Lion Monument
Next to the Lion monument there was a group of men dressed up like butchers, pigs, military, chefs, chickens...I don't know exactly what they were doing except drinking. Their costumes said protesters but their demeanor said PARTY! We got this shot with them. The pig next to Kelsey was making OINK noises. When she looked over and saw him right next to her she started crying (go figure). I would be scared too if I were her!

After seeing Josh, we rushed over to our Halloween party. Kelsey was a Bee Fairy complete with a "Honey Pot" for her candy.

The other bee's mom (Roberta) and I ran a booth with Halloween Thumbprint Creations. Basically the kids stamp their thumb on a stamp pad, then on a piece of paper, and then make a Halloween creature out of it. Jessi Berg is the one who thought of it and we did it together last year. Anyway, it was a popular booth and it was all Roberta and I could do to keep the booth running while watching these little ones! Luckily, they stayed close by most of the time and played with each other. Here are our friends Kevin, Lydia, and Ashton Coombs at the beginning of the event.

The girls, standing around chatting like girls do.
I picked up my friend Karen along the way so she and David could get in on the fun. It was great to have them there.
I thought this picture was funny. Don't try to make her take a picture or else!

Here are Roberta's kids (Anna & Mariah) with Kelsey at the end of the trick-or-treating line. After the first door, the kids from the front came back through and in their hurry to get more candy, started pushing the little kids over. It became a mad house and very stressful to keep track of all three of them. Luckily it didn't last long and we made it through with all three in one piece.
Her first piece of candy given at Halloween.
She didn't stop reaching in for the candy (as you will see in the next several pictures - I couldn't get her to stop to even take a pic!). She even got a few bites with the wrappers while mom was busy. What can you do?




Little miss priss with her honey purse. She's such a little girl!

Bees of all ages

Jennifer (blue fairy), Emily (butterfly), Kelsey (bee), and me (me)

Here are the girls last year at the Halloween party

And here they are this year. They grow so fast and they definitely didn't get a wink of sleep this time around.
As for Halloween night, we didn't get a single trick-or-treater. However, we do live on a busy road and we live in a country that doesn't celebrate it, so I figured we wouldn't. Instead, we had two of Tally's work friends, Mathias and Andrea, over for fajitas.
Aren't these darling? Mathias brought them (and a box of truffles, I told him he was welcome for dinner anytime) from Luzern as a way to say thank you for dinner. I love that about Europe. They have such wonderful table manners. My mom was right, I should have gone to Cotillion.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

4 comments:

berrymom said...

Looks like a fun Halloween!

Unknown said...

Awww! She makes such a cute little bee!!! I love the costume. I can't wait to see that beautiful little girl.

jessi said...

What a BUSY Saturday your little "busy bee" had. Missed seeing you and everyone for Halloween. I can only imagine and remember the craziness swirling around during the two hour event!

Nonna said...

Love the black and white Bee pic of Kelsey...very creative. Is there anything that baby doesn't look good in?? She is beautiful and your family is very precious. much love:)