Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fun In the Sun!


We were really lucky with the weather during the month of June. It was hot (85 + humidity = perfect for swimming), which I don't mind. We bought a season's pass to a "beach" that is a 5 minute walk from our house. It has a sandbox, toys, a shallow part for Kelsey plus diving boards, floating log, and floating decks for Tally and me when we switch of holding Munch. The water was  a little cold at the beginning of the month but has warmed up since. That hasn't stopped Kelsey from wanting to run right in. 

Family Photo
Whether on land or at sea, I love my floatie!



Look mom, no hands!
>
I wonder how this stuff tastes?
Uh, not so good actually. It's kind of sandy.
The only time I sleep at the beach is if I fall asleep on the way there!

The zoo proved to be a popular place despite the heat. We went to the Rapperswil Zoo and  then the Zuerich Zooh! within a few days of each other. It was fun to hang out with our friends and see lots of animals. I was surprised how much Kelsey LOVED it. 
Kinderzoo


Kelsey loved watching the Sea Lion show. She couldn't take her eyes off them (except when I made her for the pic).
She looks like she's ready for a camel ride
Monkey see monkey do
Even though she can't walk yet, she can stand and she was wishing she could run after this rooster!
Miniature Pony was just her size
Take that giraffes
"That's my friend!" Wilma & Kelsey
A babe with the babes
Niina, now can you imagine having twins?

Zooh!
The Zuerich zoo is huge, as Aubrey can tell you and it was super hot, but with enough breaks, we made it though in FOUR HOURS! It was fun to be with so many of our friends. Kelsey loved watching the fish. Maybe she'll get to know them like her daddy does and we can have a tank someday. 

The penguins were lucky they weren't out in the heat
Two little bears watching two real little bears play
Emily and Kelsey watching the monkeys swing around
Here we are watching the gorillas...that is until the daddy gorilla decided it was time to make more baby gorillas. We hurried to get the kids out but I had to get a few shots (not posted of course!). It was hilarious because all the other monkeys gathered around to watch!
Rhino was cool, poor guy would just go around in circles
Church primary kids activity 
I wasn't even planning on going since Kelsey isn't even in nursery yet. However, the primary president asked me to bring something and Tally had to work all day Saturday so we went and had a great time in all the kiddie pools. 


Yucker Farm
Our friends, the Bittings, invited us to go to Yucker Farm with the Todds. It was a scorcher but so cool. The kids and adults enjoyed picking strawberries. We also had ice cream to cool us down. There were animals there too so Kelsey was in heaven. My camera was "broken" so these are courtesy of Thu. I'm still waiting for Jenna's. Thanks for showing us this cool place! We can't wait to go back this fall for the pumpkins!

Horgen Waterfall
Our friend Alea showed us this cool trail down to a waterfall not far from our house. 


(This is why you don't go out of the house dressed like a hobo. You might actually do something where a picture will be taken.)


The surroundings on the way there weren't so bad either.


One of my favorite parts about being a mother is watching her reactions to new things. That's half the fun of the zoo and swimming for me now. It's amazing to watch her little personality come out when she's in different situations. I can't wait to see what she thinks of the cruise in a less than two weeks!!

5 comments:

April said...

Looks like fun times!

Steve and Steph said...

I LOVE Kelsey in her swimming suits!!! Oh i love it...Cooper is also thoroughly enjoying swimming this summer. Isn't is the best! And he loves the Zoo as well...

berrymom said...

So much fun!! I love her little swimming suits. I can't believe she is standing already...she can't be that old.

Balagna Bunch said...

So cute. I can't believe how big she is getting . . . it is just not fair how fast they grow.

Balagna Bunch said...

Hard to believe that Kelsey can keep getting cuter and cuter. She does look a lot like her dad too . . . wait . . . am I calling Tally cute? I suppose I did say my wife (Tally's sis) is hot and that Tally looks like Cam. Oh well, I guess Camie is hot, Kelsey is cute, and Tally is both! However, no offense to Tally, but Kelsey does look super cute in her little bathing suit--I don't know if Tally could pull that one of as well as Special K.